Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hindu muslim marriage act

Page no : 2

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Mamtaji,

The best way for you is to go for Special Marriage Act.  It protects the rights of women in liberal democratic set up, while allowing both the husband and wife to practice their own religions and respect each other's religions and this Act is also good for both Atheists and Agnoists.  The Marriage officer is SDM of the area.  The Act does not demand that both husband and wife must have  residential address of same town.  The marriage can be registered in the residential town of any party, i.e., either girl's or boy's.  In your case, your marriage can be registered either in District head-quarters of Haryana (girl's place) or District Head quarters of UP (boy's Place).  An application (prescribed one and is available in SDM's office) has to be filed along with photographs of both boy and girl, along with affidavits containing certain facts (again prescribed affidavit is available in SDM's office) and residential proof of any one of the parties.  Both boy and girl can choose a working day one month after filing the application.  After filing the application, a notice will be pasted on the notice board of SDM office and in some cases notice will be sent to the residential addresses of the parties seeking objections.  After one month, in the presence of three witnesses (at least one of them is a Gazetted Officer), the marriage will be registered and one or two days later certificate is issued.

Neither Muslim Marriage nor Hindu Marriage through Arya Samaj procedure will protect the interests of a girl like Special Marriage Act.   

General person (Job)     09 November 2011

Dear Adv Chandu,

Your suggesion has been found quite appreciable. I need to talk and clear some of my queries face to face or through phone. Kindly let me know how can i contact with you.

Awni Ranjan (Online Corporate Trainer )     04 August 2013

I think your observations are correct. We all must ensure that this professional site does not became an Orkut, sorry I had to use this example to make my point od view clear. Let us all work together for value and its enhancement at all times. Best wishes to all. 

Naresh kumar   06 August 2015

Hai Sir,

My name is Naresh age 27 years I am Hindu community and my wife name is vaheeda she is a Muslim ,i married 1 month back but my wife name will not change because she dont like name change ,so please tell me Intercaste marriage benifits and how to get the styfund for intercaste marriage and future plannings , thank you isr,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register