Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Unnikrishnan (Animation)     19 May 2012

Hindu - muslim marriage

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Arun, & my religion is hindu... i am loving a muslim girl...we are ready for the marriage...,

but the problem is her parents... first of all her parents doesn't  know about our relation... my parents knows it & they are not against on our relation.... What if, we go to her house for a proposal... i dont know whether they accept it or not,,, if they dont accept ,what shall we do.... can we go and do the registration marriage with the permission of my parents... is their any problem with that.... Waiting for your favourable response....

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     19 May 2012

Dear Mr.Arun, 

You can marry her under the Special Marriage Act, and register the same if you both are major, consent or no consent of parents is inconsequential. 

Feel free to talk !

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     20 May 2012

Don't involve your parents. The agitation will be more in the relatives of girl's side if they come to know that your parents accepted, because they will tend to think all of you have set a trap to achieve something that you are not eligible for.  Let them be under impression that your parents also do not accept, go for registration of marriage under Special marriage act, take a few friends of yours for witness.

Amit (NA)     20 May 2012

Do not speculate that her parents will not accept. First deal with the problem at hand i.e., telling her parents and convincing them for the marriage.

Regd, Special Marriage Act, let me be bold and day it's as bad as HMA. My suggestion in your case would be to consider converting to Islam and marrying according to Islamic way which is more balanced than the rest of the laws.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 May 2012

Dear  Arun,

Every human being has a right to love and get attracted to the opp.s*x.But when we belong to two different comunities, we have to forsee the future complications also.Though I am not against it,our religions have put forth some restrictions on us.One side may not have any  belief on them but the other side may be too traditional.My sincere request is to mediate with the girl's family,engaging common friends or well wishers(not your parents).Suppose if that does not materialise,are you confident that the girl will stand by you,encountering the religious complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register