I need legal guidance on law about Hindu Girl's name change after her marriage.
Suppose, a girl named Nayana Vasudeo Jadhav (here, Nayana-Her name, Vasudeo-Father's Name & Jadhav-Father's Surname) marries to a boy named Saurabh Ganesh Shinde, according to Hindu Marriage Act.
So, after marriage automatically her name changes to Nayana Saurabh Shinde (here, Nayana-Her name, Saurabh-Husband's Name & Shinde-Husband's Surname).
My queries are:
1. Is this name change mandatory i.e. should girl mandetorily start using her husband's name & surname?
2. Many of girls / women don't have any proof of marriage (in case marriage is done in religious way), still they change their name everywhere e.g. bank accounts. Is this legal?
3. Is getting marriage certificate mandetory in this case? Where (which government departments) is this marriage certificate valid?
4. Can marriage certificate be used for getting passport for the girl, with new name?
5. If girl is doing any educational course, and during the course she gets married, then what documents should be submitted to college / university for such name change?
6. For changing a name in college / university, is Marriage Certificate NOT ENOUGH?
7. For name change in government documents (i.e. ration card, pan card, voting card etc), is Marriage Certificate NOT ENOUGH?
8. For name change in government documents (i.e. ration card, pan card, voting card etc), is Gazette required EVEN IF you have Marriage Certificate?
9. For changing a name in college / university, is having Gazette mandetory along with or without Marriage Certificate?
10. I heard that Gazette is required ONLY IF girl's first name changed after marriage. Else, Marriage Certificate would suffice. Is it correct?
11. If girl's first name changed after marriage, then is having Gazette mandetory
12. If after marriage, girl does not change her name just to get scholarships & financial assistance from Government, then whose fault is it? Girl's ? Can she be held responsible for this?
Please, help me with legal laws pertaining to this.