Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hindu boy and a muslim girl marriage

Page no : 2

Rakesh (sd)     23 August 2011

Originally posted by :Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
"

Getting married Aryasamaj way does not mean that you believe in the tenets of Aryasamaj. Your immediate aim is to get married and not to defy religion. If you take your fight, if one can call it a fight, as a fight against religion or as fight against your parents, you may have to face unnecessary and avoidable difficulties even just to get married. If do not care for the feelings or opinions of your parents, that does not mean that you send invitations to them and see what happens. So get married the easiest way in an Aryasamaj Mandir. It does not require you to pray to god, go to temple or perform any rituals except the one on the occasion of the marriage.. You can live as you like after the marriage. Both of you will be required to wear sacred thread at the marriage. But no body need bother to retain the thread after marriage.

On the other hand for marriage under Special Marriages Act, you do not have to renounce your respective religions. After the marriage, if you so wish, you can go to temple and she can go to mosque. But there are cumbersome procedures before the marriage. You have to give, I think, a month’s notice of your marriage. The notice will be placed on the Notice Board in front of the registrar’s office. You have to give proof of age, proof that you are not already married etc.

Further Hindu Marriage, Christian Marriage or Special Marriage is not a question of religion only. It is also a matter of post-marriage laws, which govern you and your marriage.
"

I am completely agree with U.Actually I never seen anyone to get married  so can U tell me little bit What should I tell them first or are they Helpful? or Some process like 1st day U have fill a forum then a application or something else Actually I have no experience about this matter so please tell me??

Rakesh (sd)     21 November 2015

I know it's been long time Dr Ramani. Long back I read your comment cheerfully still now I have this page bookmarked only because of your comment. It's been 9 years now I still love that girl and we think we work with all those problem that you have mentioned. Now I am out of India. Working with a big company. I can take care of her easily. My parent accepted us. We are planing to do the married this Dec. Now she is studying at Bangalore.

Can you give a suggestion one more time, is it possible of getting married and at the time of marriage changing her first name and last name? 

And I also welcome any lawyer from Bangalore how can help me in this matter. I will be flying at India soon, that time I can meet also if it's needed.

Originally posted by : Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]

Changing name and marriage are two different things. She can change her name and then get married or both of you can get married and then she can change her name.

You are just 22 and she is 21. Have both of you or either of you have sufficient means to lead a married life and support a family? As you are getting married without the consent of your respective parents, they may abandon you, if not do some thing like honour killing or forcibly take away your wife even after marriage. Further other than financial, young couples will need so many other kind of support. Your families may not support you if and when you are in distress. Many think that they can marry or do things without caring for the society around. That is not right. And when you say society your parents are also a part of it and they will only first come to your support if and when need arises.

Further each of you may have different food habits and family customs. Both of you should have tolerance and spirit of accommodation. You may be in the habit of going to temple and she may like to go to a mosque, her willingness to become a Hindu, notwithstanding. You may feel that your children should be brought up as Hindus and she as Muslims. Under the Special Marriages Act, children will have no religion until they reach the age of 18. Just by changing her name to that of a Hindu, the Society may not accept her as a Hindu. She may not be allowed to enter temples. No Hindu priest may do service to your family. That is why I say that if she is willing to become a Hindu, both of you go to an Arya Samaj Mandir and become Aryasamajists. Aryasamajists are Hindus only. Aryasamaj was a movement founded by Swami Dayanand Saraswathi in the last century to enable conversion from other religions to Hinduism. Even if orthodox temples do not allow your wife to enter, both of you can always go to Aryasamaj Mandirs. Aryasamaj priests will perform services to you. If you have dedicated friends to support you, that would be very important.

It is not because that your parents do not care for you, but it is because they care too much, that they may object to the marriage. After all, so far, both of you grew up under their care only.

Taking into account all these things, if you still wish to get married, go ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register