Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Higher Judiciary


I m law manager in a company. before joining i hav 8 year experiance as a lawyer. now in march i hav completed my 35 year. can i appear in higher judiciary. any case referance in dis regard. can APP appear in HJS? some case is pending in SC in dis regard. can anyone provide details?


Hello, thank you for your query. 

The higher judicial services (HJS) are open for lawyers who have some experience under their belt. This experience is typically seven years. 

The age criteria for some states is up to 35 years, so if you want to appear for those states this will be your chance. Some states have age criteria of up to 38 years.

For instance, in Arunachal Pradesh, it is 35 years and in Assam, it is 38 years. You cannot appear for Kerala as the age limit is up to 34 years. 

Hope this solves your query.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x