25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   30 November 2015

Hiership certificate asked for possession of new flat


I need some guidance for below details

I and my father had jointly purchased a flat in badlapur-thane. Before possession father expired. Following which i have shared all NOC with notary of legal hier to builder , death certificate etc, but now builder is asking for hiership certificate to give possession.

My question is

1. Can builder ask for hiership certificate for possession of flat.

2. How to get a hiership certificate, whom to approach and procedure.

3. How long does it take and the cost for hiership certificate






 1 Replies

atul (ACB)     30 November 2015

Dear Sandeepji,

Please understand that you need not worry too much. Some amount of work is required to be done but things are not difficult if you know the process. Donot spend money unnecessarily and cow down to the system by cultivating avoidable fear.


A legal heir certificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will.

To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.

In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship

To get employments for example compassionate appointments.

Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form.

All required documents to be submit while lodging the application.

It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.

Required Information


Deceased name

Family member Names and Relationship

Applicant Signature

Date of Application

Residential Address



You can obtain a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through your Taluk / Thasildhar or through the District Civil Court of your area.

The best approach would be to get in touch with the Taluk / Thasildhar office of your area they should be able to provide you with the certificate or in some cases you might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.

Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Concerned Authority mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.

With Warm Regards,
Lt Col Atul Tyagi retd
Delhi High Court
Advocate- Civil, Arbitration, IPR, Family Law
Standing Counsel- Regd Education Bodies/ Banking Insurance

Mob       :  9540652090, 

e mail    :  ltcolatultyagi100@gmail.com

Fair Legal Consultancy 

Office     :  Chamber No 532, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar Court ( NOIDA)

                 Chamber No 84,   Dist Bulandshahr Court - 203001

                 Residence : 4L 902, AWHO, Gr NOIDA -    201310


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query