LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     25 April 2009

hi need legal advice

hi dear lawyer bhaiyon i need a legal advice from u all I am azad a muslim guy but i love a hindu married girl she also loves me and we want to marry but she cant take divorce from her husband any ho. I need ur legal advice how can we legally marry each other without breaking any law of our constitution. is it a legal way that she change her religion ang conveted to muslim then can we legally marry? plz suggest me . what should we do?

Learning

10 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     25 April 2009

Not posible . kindly withraw your idea.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     26 April 2009

In a similar case, the women changed religion and converted to Islam. Husband can get divorce on this ground. After that you can marry.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 April 2009

Dear, you are inviting criminal case against yourself. Better give up the idea as suggested by Dr.Tripathiji.

fathima (BPO)     04 May 2009

i am a muslim girl and i am in love with a hindu guy. It is not just a love but it is like a live-in relationship. But he has married to a hindu girl seen by his parents by compulsion as he has no option other than that, as they are very orthodox and he cant deny the parents words, if he was against them, he may lose his parents. This is my story. But i am still desperate for him that i am not in a position to marry another person other than him. I read all articles that second marriage in Hindu law is illegal and void but according to muslim law bigamy is allowed but for men, but i am single never married before and i dont want to convert to hinduism. Is it void since i am muslim?? But i still want to marry him second even though it is void but i want to be safe legally as do he. In my case, emotions play a role than a law. He cant leave his first wife also. What the law have answer in such situation?? 

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     04 May 2009

mr. prabhakar is right.

fathima (BPO)     04 May 2009

Originally posted by :Prabhakar
" I am sorry as long as he is Hindu and has a living spouse, you will not be having any legal and social status despite your relationship with him.  If he converts to Muslim religion without getting divorce with his wife (which I am quite sure, he does not, for the reasons you stated in your question), then also he cannot marry you as per prevailing law, because the purpose of conversion is to marry and court  will not take into consideration of such conversion and criminal offence of bigamy is attracted.  Hence, he has to get divorce with his wife, which is not that much easy.
Hence, you decide your relationship with him logically with less emotion.  Only one soothing reply to your question is that even though your children will be illegitimate, they are entitled to property rights in his property, if he accepts that they are his children.

"

Thanks for the reply.

I understand. But love does not have any laws. But also i know we cant live in this society detaching from laws. I am completely helpless in this situation. I dont have a heart to leave him as it is 5 years relationship and i am emotionally attached to him that cant be explained in words. Its true men have less emotions than women. Even if i marry him i have to struggle as i have to come out of my family and i have to be independent but that pain wont b much worse than this. As i am now working, i dont have problem financially but it cant be the case all the time and he is not affluent so he cant help me financially much and i dont bother about his property. i have no choice except to remorse than anything else. It would be painful to my children as well as me if they are considered illegitimate, but still i love him a lot, i dont know what to do. i am facing very difficult situation in my life now. I have no life without him, and my emotions could only be understood by the person who understand the value of love. The only medicine now for me is to marry him second.

Above are my feelings, sorry if it is against the law.

Saifullah.C (Advocate,Chennai)     06 May 2009

Asalaamu Alaykum, Dear sister in Islam Fathima, I have gone through your query what you need is a counselling under the light of Quran and sunnah.May Allah guide you to the straight path.

fathima (BPO)     07 May 2009

wasalam, dear brother saifullah.. i will follow your advice and quran

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register