help with this please,

I have a friend that is trying to get her life back on track, but, She lives in a place where they get married in church and divorce is between families only according to the customary law of the land. Which means there is no signed paper. Also her ex-husband will not agree to sign a consent paper. When no signed paper to prove this divorce, what does one do to show that she is divorced from him? She needs to change her marital status for official purpose like renewal of Passport and Visa.

Lawyer (Alld. H.C) Lucknow Bench

Information provided by you is insufficient.  Not possible to express any opinion.

Total likes : 1 times


Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India

Dear Querist,


If divorce took place only according to the customary law of the land, you need to ascertain the facts by way of evidence and the same, then, may be verified thru notary and then certified by local consularate and then finally by Indian embassy in that country.


For detail opinion, please provide facts in details.


Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

For Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora.

New Delhi


what information do you need?, I would really like to help this person.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x