LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anish   10 March 2016

Help with mact

Hi all,

I had met with a major accident in Sep'15 in Bhuj, Gujarat. We were travelling in a hired taxi and got hit by a truck coming from opposite. He was at the wrong side of the road. In the same accident, I lost my friend and the driver also sustained fatal injuries and I had major injuries in the cervical spine for which I am currently undergoing treatment. Doctor said that it will result in about 30% disability. I currently live and reside in Pune. This disability will hamper me to continue working at my present job and I will have to pick up some desk job. 

My questions - 

1. Saying that my friend used to earn about 10 Lacs/ annum, How much compensation can his family expect.

2. I being disabled permanantly and had been in the hospital for about 3 months, how much compensation can I claim. As a desk job will reduce my allowances by about 25000 per month. 

3. I work in the government, so I did not incur any expenses for my treatment. 

4. Where should I file a case? Gujarat or Pune?

5. Where can I find a lawyer who does it?


 3 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     10 March 2016

Claim can be filed either place at the option of claimants.


As for s the case of death is concerned the dependants of the deceased can claim. Normally, the claim could be awarded by doing some calculation work based on annual income, age, dependants of the deceased. Apart from that, compensation for loss of love and affection, loss of estate and other expenses if any, including funeral expenses also can be claimed.


As for as the injured is concerned, compensation could be claimed for expenses incurred for medical treatment, loss of actual income, expected income, other expenses like transporting and extra nourishment, etc.  Apart from that the injured also claim compensation under the non pecuniary heads such  as compensation for pain and sufferings, loss of future amenities and loss of expectation life too.

Anish   30 March 2016

Thanks for the reply.

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     30 July 2016


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query