LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishh123 (Manager)     15 February 2014

Help to get passport for a 498a victim

Hey am a victim of false 498a was working abroad for past 11 years got married 3 years back n we were living there she was not comfort living there told me to drop home I came to drop over she changes the tune n secretly took over my passport  demanding me to stay with her n threatened me will file harassment case if I complaint police I waited for six months no intention of giving back my passport I finally filed at court to get back my passport after my case filing she filed a 498a against me the police searched her home n given the final report my passport is not traceable am planing to apply a duplicate passport the 498a is still there how can I get a duplicate passport ?? Please let me know 

Learning

4 Replies

aap (manager)     15 February 2014

as u told that u have been living abroad from last 11 years so i believe u dont have indian passport now,so u can apply for new passport in the concerned country embassy but with 498a i dont believe u can leave the country withut court permission even loc might be there which will prevent u from leaving country from any airport in india

but if u can renew the passpoert of the country of which ur citizen then u have various options

Krishh123 (Manager)     15 February 2014

Sir let me tell u m holding Indian passport I acquired overseas citizenship recently yet to get that passport after surrendering my Indian passport so how can I get it while this case is in court ? 

aap (manager)     15 February 2014

Dear

1.its not easy to get the passport back till the complaint is Quashed

2.Try to convince the court that ur job is at stake and u have to pay the bills otherwise u will be defaulter and ur career is at stake((but very hard if court acepts ur plea and allow u to go abroad)))

3.try to settle the issue with ur wife and get the 498a quashed ,the u get the PP back

otherwise very hard to get it bak,

vaibhav (md)     11 May 2015

Wht IF sme 498a complain is registered &  if renewal is to be sought for passport then :-

1> should married status be shown as married/unmarried / seperated - when there is no hope of geting bck with wife.

2> should 498 details be informed to passport authorities- wht are the consiquences for not informing or informing (both) on the passport issuance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More