LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     30 May 2014

Help to find the exact citation

This is a good judgment which is present in various forums/blogs accross the net, but i cud not get the titles or exact citation for it. Can anybody provide help?

>> IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI

Present: Mr. Subhash Wason, Adv. for the petitioner.

CM(M) No.276/2007

1. Impugned order dated 29.1.2007 has dismissed the application filed by the wife under Section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

2. Reason for denial of any interim maintenance to the wife is that her gross monthly salary is Rs.15,304/-. As against the statutory rules where under general provident fund, deduction has to be 10% of the basic salary, the wife is voluntary contributing Rs.6,500/- per month under the General Provident Fund Scheme.

3. Learned Judge has opined that the wife has enough means to sustain herself at the level of living to which she was accustomed to in her matrimonial house.

4. It is urged before me that the income of the husband is nearly 3 times than that of the wife.

5. Law does not require to average out the income of the spouses and share the two in equal proportion. Law requires that the wife should be paid adequate interim maintenance. The test of adequacy is to give such money to the wife which would enable her to maintain a standard of living to which she was accustomed to in the matrimonial house.

6. I note that no issues are born to the parties.

7. I find no merit in the petition.

8. Dismissed.

February 22, 2007 PRADEEP NANDRAJOG, J.

Learning

13 Replies

Srinivas (Advocate)     30 May 2014

Case title is 

Alka Solanki vs Pradeep Solanki

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     31 May 2014

Thanx dear,

But I can not retrieve it from indiankanoon. com OR legalcrystal. com or Delhi HC website also.

Can anybody help me to get hold of it. Provide link if possible or attach here

Thanx

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 June 2014

Visit any Delhi Court liberary where you can have equal publication of the citation on the judgement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 June 2014

If the matter has been reported in any journal, you may locate the same from any journal held in the libraries of Delhi courts.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

This is not a reported judgment and hence may not be of any help to you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

This is not a reported judgment and hence may not be of any help to you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 June 2014

all the listed judgement in all the forum are not reportable judgement 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 June 2014

Not necessarily K Mahesh.

There are judgments which are reported and put on form by taking them from the High Court/ Supreme Court site.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
www.shoneekapoor.com

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 June 2014

Mr Shonee Kapoor not every judgement is reported 

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     03 June 2014

Here arises a relevent point. Plz clear it to the help of all:

All HC judgments are not reported in journals, some r not uploaded at HC website. Can this type of judgment be used as citation in lower court, if u get a certified copy of this?

One may get certified copy of this type of judgment (if titles & other details are known to him) via RTI from HC. Can this copy be produced as citation?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 June 2014

Yes it can be used and binding on lower courts in Delhi, however, out of Delhi the decision can be used as reference.

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     04 June 2014

Thanx a lot, any other inputs about filing RTI to get a judgment from far off HC. Any specific rules to follow for such RTI

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2014

I differ a lil bit. A judgement is reported when it espouses a legal position, whereas when the matters are decided purely on factual position.

You people are very very senior and seasoned, one of the critic about our system of judicial pronouncement is that all kinds of judgments are reported by journals, sometimes when they don't even need reporting. 

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register