Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hiren   12 October 2021

Help required to know if my case is still open or closed.

I had a love marriage in 2011and due to internal conflicts and fights among myself spouse and my side family I had filed nullification of marriage case against my wife in 2012.

Case went for counseling where we both kind of sorted out our problems with discussion mostly outside court and shifted back together. Our lawyers were not involved in our sorting out things part. We never went back for any case hearing nor we contacted our lawyers nor they contacted us.  

Officially I don't know if the case is counted open or will be considered closed as we both and our lawyers never went for hearing after 2013 year. Case was never taken to judge level in front of us, it was till counseling level.

We both are happy together and living a peaceful life.

1. I want to know if the case will be still open or it will be closed.

2. If it's open I want to get it closed.

I don't remember the case number as I destroyed all papers when they were no more needed.

Please help me on above two points. If it's closed then I don't think we need to do anything 

Thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   12 October 2021

As per your matter it's better that you or your wife (anyone) contact your lawyer's in order to trace out the case number of your matter. Once the case number is restored, you may check for it through the e-court website of the family court where the matter was entertained at the first place. You can find the current status of your case through the website, and take necessary steps accordingly.

In case the matter is shown pending, you may file an application/plea for withdrawal of the case as per the Order XXIII of the Code of Civil Procedure. Once, the withdrawal is done, the matter will be closed.

Hope It Helps!

Regards,
Kevin M. Paul

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 October 2021

Prima facie it is a hypothetical, vauge and confusing story, however, if it is true consult your lawyer.

HUSBAND UAE (Business)     13 October 2021

The intention to ask in this forum was to get a general idea on what happens in such cases which are not represented by both parties for long duration. So that I need not pay lawyer fees. 

Also do I need to go and close it or I can ignore it.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 October 2021

In the light of the facts stated, it is of no consequence if the case is closed or otherwise. No one, other than your spouse, has any locus standi in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register