LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

help required please, im dr. shiva

hi sirs, im shiva doing my MBBS internship in osmania general hospital hospital. I recently while i was going on bike one of the pedestrain was crossing the road, he stopped in middle and looked back, i was sure that he will be stopping and i can go without any problem, but he suddenly came by running and dashed me, we both fell down and he had fracture of his left leg bone and i had a small abrasion on my knee, his friends bet me on road, but the sweepers there stopped them saying it wasnt my fault the other person was running on road..

i took that injured person to hospital with me and admitted him, later i took treatment in same hospital. but his relatives filed a case on me as RASH DRIVING UNDER IPC 338, i was very confused what to do? please help me what to do..Can i prove my innocence? if i found guilty what may be judgement? my bike dont have insurance, i have remaining all documents..

YES, im 25years, and one more thing, they were demanding 60,000 to 100000rs for taking that case back, i requested them i cant pay that much money, i said i will take care of hospital worksand needs as im in that field..

Actually i was on a speed of 30-40kmph or less, i dont have any injuries, even my bike have no damages(my bike is yamaha fzs which is made of fibre mostly) PLEASE HELP ME OUT..

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

even though its his fault, i dint ran away from him, i took that person to hospital and admitted, does court doesnt listen all this?

Out of Court (Consultant)     21 February 2011

As per ur query it is well revealed tht the amount whch the othr party demanding are more, nd not justified .... further let us know that the sweeper as mentioned in ur query has been accorded as an evidence in the FIR ? Has an FIR U/s 323 IPC been lodged aganst victim's  frnd who beaten you ...?

The Court may impose fine on you ....

offcourse th details u stated will constitute an important submission on part of you,  regarding considerablity of th same it depends upon hearing of the other side too.... !!!

whether th bike was updated wth insurance or not has no relevency herein ...

(Guest)

FIR was filed after 4days of incident, i think there is no panchnama till then, as its his locality they may provide evidence for their side, no sweepers involved in FIR..

Out of Court (Consultant)     21 February 2011

Also include the above point in your submission, its better you consult  a lawyer in your locality who can represent you in appropriate court of  jurisdiction ...

lingraj maradi (advocate)     22 February 2011

sir, you have absolutely no problem, if you have valid reasons to acquit then you must acquit. if you are not rash and negligent driving you better to contact your lawyer and appear before the court

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     22 February 2011

@Manthri

For proper advice, I would require following details:

1. The person who got hurt, what is his age?

2. The brawl that happened on the road and you were beaten, why you did not lodged a counter FIR?

3. Insurance which got elapsed for your bike, when did it expired? And after its expiry, when did the accident happened?

4. Have you been arrested or have applied for bail or have been released on bail?

Your case is covered under exception, as per a Supreme Court ruling, wherein the Apex court has stated that every driver who is involved in an accident is not guilty of rash driving because many a times, the person who is hit is at fault. And also that the driver need not be over cautious while driving otherwise, noone would be able to drive and everytime an accident happens, only driver would be held liable and which is contrary to the provisions of law.

Likewise in your case also, you have done nothing wrong but to add to your agony, the friends of the person beat you up. So my advice is you don't worry at all. Hire a good lawyer, and appraoch High Court of your state for quashing of this case. In that quashing petition, mention the medical treatment whcih you went through after getting beaten up.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh.V

(Guest)

thanks for your reply sir,

that  person age is 45 to 50 years,

and i was not well for two days after incident because that person bet me on my head, got fever and headache and earache,

my bike insurance expired on oct 25th 2010, i dint renewed it.

i dint go to court yet, local police said that they will call me when they go to court and you can take bail.

i helped that person as a part of my profession, but tht fellow logged a complaint saying im rash..

if he brings false evidence then what may be the result?

(Guest)

now my bike is in police station, how can i bring it back to home?

what is the procedure behind it?

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     08 May 2011

To all my learned friends who have participated in this debate/suggestion/advise, a simple question:

Is it so simple to file an F.I.R? Have you ever approached police and find them so pleased to entertain you and that to in India?

If that be then I am not in india.

Come on folks you must be day dreaming.

A request :Kindly treat my burst as a pinch of salt and don't indulge in name game.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register