FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Kumar Singh (team leader)     28 September 2013

Help required for a case of personal loan

Dear Members,
This mail is in regards to the legal notice which is being served on our home address.
This legal notice talks about a personal loan taken by my brother. He has left us because of his personal reasons and since then he has chosen not to share his whereabouts and it has been close to 2 years since we had any kind of communication with him. We are not at all aware of this personal loan in which he has mentioned our home address.
We received this notice through a courier on 28th Sept. Neither my parents nor me have signed or given any kind of consent for this personal loan taken by him and thus we are seeking a legal help to know if we are liable to pay back the sum or not. Also is it necessary to draft a reply to the concerned bank for letting them know that he doesn't reside at the given address? He has not visited our home (the mentioned address in the notice) for last 3 years.
Please help.


 3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 September 2013

if none of you people are guarantor, u need not worry about it.

Rohit Kumar Singh (team leader)     28 September 2013


But do we need to reply with a legal document or should we directly call the bank people and ask them to not to follow up with us as we are not involved in it? 

Amritesh Mishra (Advocate)     28 September 2013

If  you are not a party to the loan you need not worry. if  the property mortgaged is not concerned with you, you need not answer bank notice. However you are advised to consult local lawyer with notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query