LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guru (Sales Manager)     09 June 2016

Help require for contested convert in to mutual

Dear Experts,

Thanks all for your advice.

Finally matter is reach on mutual divorce and I agreed to pay some amount as it’s in my range.

Last date activity:- Filed conversion application to convert her Divorce Petition-A 13(1)(i-a) in to Mutual divorce and signed consent terms in front of Counselor & Judge and also paid some minimal amount in cash as her 1st part of alimony.

Now, next hearing  in next week. Advocate is common, I have not hire any lawyer.

My question is, is this safe to pay in DD of remaining alimony which is almost 95% of total settlement? Or is there any other provison?

Which are the most important points I need to take care for mention in the affidavit?

Many Thanks.



Learning

 7 Replies

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     09 June 2016

Never pay in DD.  Pay in cheque. Fist date cash 1000 rs.  Next date cheque, with instruction to banker to stop payment if she does some trick and takes cheque and does not sign on second date.

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     09 June 2016

Pay cash, one hand give, one hand take divorce.  Rest discuss with lawyer locally.

Guru (Sales Manager)     10 June 2016

Originally posted by : Vakalath
Never pay in DD.  Pay in cheque. Fist date cash 1000 rs.  Next date cheque, with instruction to banker to stop payment if she does some trick and takes cheque and does not sign on second date.

1st date happened and was paid 5% of total alimony, now turn for 2nd date and here have to pay remaining 95% and my queries are regarding that. Please read my question properly and guide accordingly. Thanks...

Guru (Sales Manager)     10 June 2016

Originally posted by : Dana Kayoni
Pay cash, one hand give, one hand take divorce.  Rest discuss with lawyer locally.

I am planning to pay in DD only...Thanks....

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     10 June 2016

agreed with dana kyoni                               

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     10 June 2016

agreed with dana kyoni                               

Guru (Sales Manager)     20 June 2016

Dear Experts,

My matter is resolve,

Step by step details:-

  1. Her divorce petition convert in to Mutual Divorce
  2. I agreed with some settlement amount
  3. We signed Consent terms paper on 1st motion and give 5% amount of her full permanent maintenance.
  4. I hand over the remaining amount on 2nd motion in DD, took payment receipt. Original receipt is submitted in court.
  5. Judge asked us about our final decision and we said yes. That’s it, over.
  6. Now, waiting for order…Online status is showing case disposed.
  7. Waiting for final order/Judgment and decree.

I want to thanks each and every experts who advice and guide me during my battle.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query