Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Woodland Man (Accountant)     11 January 2011

Help on proceedings

Hi I need help on my divorce.Here is case

I got married around 6 months ago .

After two months I found out (being told by my wife on phone) that she had relations with three guys.

I should mention here that I am overseas, After hearing all this from my wife I went to India.

As she was staying with my parents, met her and she asked for forgiveness.
Which I did ...

When I left India I came to know some more stuff which broke my heart and I decided to let her go.

Now I was wondering how should proceed as she is refusing to sign the mutual agreement...

Her parents are forcing me to keep her.... and threatening with various things ... they will do a case on me saying I married overseas,dowry etc

As everyone knows the reputation of NRI's in India is.Not sure how law wil see this ...

How can I save my parents and me from false allegations?
How should I proceed...

I am being told as we haven’t fished one year of marriage I cannot do anything from overseas

Please help and advice

Learning

5 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     11 January 2011

do u have any evidence?

Woodland Man (Accountant)     11 January 2011

Avnish thanks for your reply

Not at this stage.

what can I do.
and also what can be a considered a evidence.

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2011

Dear Querist,

Build up your case as short synopsis and list of dates as sequence of event of facts. It would be easy for advising you the way it is appropriate.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

For Nu.delhi.Law.Fora

New Delhi

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 January 2011

@Woodland

You first need to collect proofs. If your proofs are in the form of letters, voice recording, photos etc, it will help you certainly. If a married man or woman has s*xual intercourse outside her matrimony, and it can be proved it becomes a ground of divorce for the aggrieved.

You should safeguard your parents at first. Either take them to USA or let them shift to another location. Take legal advice from an expert lawyer for your case. Its a tricky situation and you should not miss out on collecting any and all evidences on this.

All the best

//peace

/Saurabh.V

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     11 January 2011

try to win her back. get a rented accomodation and shift her there separate from ur parents and give her all the comforts, including a private detective. by that time one year will be complete and ur parents will be safe, in case she does not improve , u can file divorce on the basis of adultery

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register