LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kannan (s/w)     10 March 2011

Help need for Lanlord

We have rented the primises to animal welfare office, since we thought it is for good cause. They we not paying rents properly. But still we kept quiet.

they told they will vacate, since we need the house for personal use. Now they are refusing to vacate, saying they cannot move immediately. We have given them enough time (6 months time.)

The rents are still pending (haven't paid) for 3 months.

What are the options available to landlord to vacate those tenants.

Learning

5 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     10 March 2011

Keep your ego aside and be political and polite to get it vacated.

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     10 March 2011

Landlord can get his premises vacated under several circumstances. Bonafide personal need is one of those. Consult a good lawyer to file an eviction petition or suit for possession depending upon the jurisdiction of the court. For further advice in the matter on this site give the amount of rent and the location of the property.

sharad raghav - 9990549475 (lawyer)     10 March 2011

go for a civil suit against tanent u/s-16(a) of civil procedure code as u have a bone fide cause for eviction and what JSKN suggested could be a better option .

naresh kumar (SR ACCOUNTANT)     11 March 2011

I am also facing the same problem my tanent is also not ready to vacate the house. monthly rent is Rs.  9000 and my flat is in East Delhi. Please advice me

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     11 March 2011

Dear naresh,

you can terminate the tenancy if there is no written and registered agreement for the period of tenancy. You can give 15 days notice and terminate and if possession is not given to you, file a suit for possession. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register