Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveena (home maker)     07 July 2011

Help me to know the registration fee!

Hi

Im planning to buy an apartment which is 15 yrs old on Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Can you pl advise me on the Amount of franking to be done for the sale deed executed for an amount of Rs. 35 lacs  and also the registration fee i should incur and finally the amount of stamp duty i need to pay  if im going to register the property for 23 lakhs.

Learning

5 Replies

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     07 July 2011

You should contact to the local Sub Registrar office for this purpose or to any local deed writer.

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     08 July 2011

Madam Praveena,

First make an enquiry in the  jurisdictional sub-registrar's Office for the guide line value for your apartment. You have not mentioned the super builtup area of your apartment, because apartment value is fixed on the superbuiltup area of the apartment, value differs for the type of construction viz flooring with mosaic tiles, vitrified tiles, granite or marble. If you are purchasing the apartment with open or covered car parking then the parking space value shall also be added to the total consideration amount on your apartment.  On the total consideration amount stamp duty for the registration of the apartment is 6.8% and on consideration amount 1% registration cost is caluculated which you have to pay by Demand draft or payorder in favour of the jurisdictional Sub-registrar.  Franking will not be considered/accepted for the registration procedure.  You have not mentioned how you derived the sale consideration amount of Rs.35.00 Lakhs.  You cannot register your property below the guide line value mentioned in the S.R.Office. Kindly go to the jurisdictional sub-registrar's office and approach the official incharge who calculates the stamp duty and registration cost for your property by going through the guide lines value and he/she will write the total consideration amount, stamp duty and registration cost to be borne by you on the sale deed draft copy by pencil. Kindly approach the advocate who deals in property matters for scrutiny of your property documents and ask him to draft sale deed for your property and with the help of the advocate get your property registered. All the best.

with regards,

1 Like

Praveena (home maker)     10 July 2011

Thank u Mr.Kupparaju...... Its Really an useful information which u have shared with me... Thank u so much!.........

I'll surely consult a lawyer b4 registering my property!.........

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     20 July 2011

Hello   Ms. Praveena  Madam,

This  is  Mahadeva  Rao  G,  from  Bangalore.

I  fully  agree  Sri. M. Kuppuraju  sir's  advice  to your  question  in  this  regard.   Since  there is  always  difference  between  the  actual sale  value  and  the  guidance  value  we should first  of  all see  whether  there is any  major  difference  etc.   However   my  suggestion  is  first  get  the  complete  scrutiny of  the  property papers  right  from  the  title  deeds  and  how  it  has  flowed  to  this  present  owner.    Whether  all  the  details  regarding  complete  built up area,  super built up area,   terms  for  common usage ,   car  parking areas  whether  covered  or not   covered,    whether  all  these  details  have  been  shown in the  title  of  the  present  owner,   whether  there is  any  other  flaws like  if  there  is  any  manipulation  in  the  original records,    whether  any  manipulation  is there  in  the   blue  print  submitted  to  Corporation  Authority  for  Sanction of  plan etc  and any  deviation between  the  original  plan  sanctioned by  corporation authority   and  the  built area  actually  constructed,    whether   any  building violation   in the construction  process,    whether  number of  floor  sanctioned  by the authority  is  same  of  that   constructed  number  of  floors  and   whether   due  procedure  is  followed  in  getting  permission  from  concerned  authorities  like  BWSSB,  KEB,   Safety  features  etc.,   and  lot  many   such  other  verifications   which  only  a  professional   civil  side  practitioner  can  identity  and  guide  you    in  order  to  avoid  un necessary  hassles  for you  in  future.   Hope  u  have  got   a  fair  idea   how  to  go  about   and   hope  this  suggestion  should  be  of  some  use  for  you.

For  any  further  clarification you  can  revert  back  to  me  on  9845285555.

Good luck  and  Warm  Regards,

Mahadeva  Rao. G.   ADVOCATE -  9845285555,    Bangalore.  

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     20 July 2011

we  can  assist  you  in  complete  formality  right  from   drafting  a  proper  Sale  Deed  and  upto  getting  the  property  registered  as  well.

Warm regards,

Mahadeva  Rao  G. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register