LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     02 March 2011

Help Me friends

hi friend, help me out

we have lands which is been taken by the Govt under Land Reforms and celing Act in 1982 ,we filed writ petition

and its been dismissed . The govt has not taken possion of the land which is been declaired under the Act till now.

do i have any chance of filing any case  under any act.


 4 Replies

mayilsamy n (student)     02 March 2011


if you are in possession of the land for  30 years or more, by means of adverse possession you can acqiure that land.


good luck

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     03 March 2011

Thanks ,but i need a clear answer with related act.

ambrish (service)     03 March 2011

Adverse possession of 30 years is not binding  against Govt....You can file application for review of land acquisition order before Commissioner ( Land acquisition)  on the ground of "Non-usage/vacant. Once dismissed same may be challenged before Highcourt on ground of  "Unreasoned order".

Devakrishnan (Consultant)     05 March 2011

Thanks ,looking for more ideas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register