LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surekha (teacher)     08 July 2009

help me

my hindu  husband married a muslim woman.he has a daughter with her.on what conditions will the court orders  DNA test.what should i do.?

pl pl pl help me .i want to put him behind bars by proving this.


 5 Replies

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     08 July 2009

Dear Surekha,

You are advised hereby ,make police complaint against your husband at your ealiest, every thing what you apprehended will be resolved.

Raman ( )     08 July 2009

 Consult 'Family Law Lawyer' as early as possible.

Himanshu Prabhakar (Advocate)     09 July 2009

A Hindu  cant marry until his/her spouse is alive there is so many remedies in Criminal Law available for you which are sufficient to put your husband behind bars. you can contact me so that needful can be done at the earliest with wasting any time.

V.S.R.Deekshitulu (B.Sc, B.L)     09 July 2009


Your question is confusing. Basically DNA test will be ordered by a court when the paternity of a child is in question. In your case you say he married a Muslim woman and through her gave birth to a child. That is the paternity of the child is already decided

Coming to other aspect, when he has married again during the subsistance of your marriage, then take him to task for bigamy. Mind you, the 2nd marriage has to be proved as per the requirements of law. If you can prove he will be in Jail, as you wished

Hence rush to a court of law or to the police for immediate help.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     09 July 2009

I do not understand ...... You say he has married despite being married to you ..... and out of the second marriage .... he's even got a child ... and you want him to be put behind bars .... what made you wait for so many months .... or were you not aware of his second marriage or he begetting a child from the said marriage .... when did you come to know .... if you know now then why haven't you filed FIR against your husband u/s - 494 of the IPC .... Pl. file an FIR ... if proved he could land behind bars for max 7 yrs ... that's the punishment for the said offence.

I do not understand why you are asking for this DNA test of the daughter .... the offence committed by him is marrying again during the lifetime of  a wife and you have just to prove the fact of he getting married again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register