LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon (00)     18 May 2014

Help in property tax collection

Dear Sirs,

My grandfather has a self acquired leasehold flat in a cooperative group housing society  in New delhi.The flat was in joint ownership with my grandmother.They are both deceased.

My father is also deceased as of two years.I live there along with my mother

I have received a letter addressed to my grandmother from the Assesment and Collection department of municipal corporation with subject of  Assesment/mutation of flat.

Since i am a student i was wondering if any experts can informs what the department is asking for.

The letter reads :-


''Dear Sir/madam

it has been informed by recorded owner/revealed from enquiries/PTRs that you have purchased /change in hand the above said flat & you have not applied for mutation of said flat as required under section128 of DMC act 1957.

Attend this office in person within 10 days along with following documents etc.''




''Failure to attend may lead to recovery action under section 155,156 and 157of DMC act''


I wish to know what this is about as since my grandmother 3 years ago died the flat is in her name .MCD property tax has been paid regularly by me.


What is this ''recovery action'' said in the letter ??


Please help sirs.


 4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     18 May 2014

Don't worry about this.You can to the office along with death certificates of you grand parents , along with an application for mutation transfer in your name .They will transfer the flat name to your name.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 May 2014

Contact MCD personally or engage a local lawyer, it is your responsiblity to pay municipal tax levied on the property.

Usharma (Lawyer)     18 May 2014

Taxation is an important field of legal services in India hence one needs highly qualified and experienced Taxation lawyer India in the fields of taxation. Our Indian law firm specializes in the fields of taxation laws. We provide the services of Taxation lawyer India for all legal services in the fields of taxation laws. We have in house arrangements for sales tax adviser, income tax adviser, luxury tax adviser, entertainment tax adviser, VAT adviser, gift tax adviser, wealth tax adviser.

Fylfot Group of Advocates

112, New Delhi House,
27, Bara Khambha Road,
Connaught Place,
New Delhi
INDIA 110001
Phone No: 011 23355388

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2014

The corporation authorities have send you notice topay the arrears of tax and also to fulfill the necessary formalities with regard to mutation of records pending ever since, thus you may visit the office in person along with the desired documents and death certificates of the grandparents, your father, take their advice and fulfill all the formalities and get the property mutated in your mother's name or any one of your family member's name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register