Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharma (Housewife)     28 August 2014

Help in false case of dowry seeking

Sir,

I am a Christian woman, married to a Hindu. My brother's wife has filed a case of seeking dowry against me. I have never stayed with her. I shifted to North India after my college and married here only. 

My brother married a girl from our society only. Now, when the marriage did not work out, she put a case of seeking dowry against me and my brother. I have not met them for over 1 year. 

My brother told me that he has got anticipation bail for me and him. But I need to go to Chennai to sign the bail. Is it true? He also told me that squash application need to be filed for me.

How can I am party, when I did not attend marriage, sought dowry? will Squash happen? How to get rid of this woman? How many days I have to go to Chennai?

Please help.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     28 August 2014

Yes, you will need to go to Chennai. You may not have attended the marriage or kept contact with her, she may have added your name to harrass your brother, but now that your SIL have implicated you in the case, you should do the needful to get the FIR quashed against you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2014

first of all it is "quash" and not "sqaush"

My brother told me that he has got anticipation bail for me and him. But I need to go to Chennai to sign the bail. Is it true?

strange do not trust your brother.  how can you just imagine to be c*ntinuing on bail without being at chennai on all dates.

How can I am party, when I did not attend marriage, sought dowry? will Squash happen? How to get rid of this woman?

For dowry demand one does not need to be present under one roof with the bride.  The demand/torture can even be remote. So being away from chennai is no proof of innosence.

How many days I have to go to Chennai?

each and every hearing.  Even if it is twice  a month or twice a week.  Unless court grants exemption from personal hearing.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 August 2014

Whether Quashing would happen or not would be decided on reading the FIR. There are very limited legal grounds on which the quashing does happen.

Did you send any signed documents for applying for AB, if you did not, then be wary, your brother has not got any AB for you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

prakash chandra jain (proprietor.)     30 August 2014

seen facts as stated by you. frist go to chenni,and comply order of court about bail. if you have sufficient proof that you have not demanded dowry, submit before court  toquash f.i.r. u/s482cr.p.c. before high court. you may get favourable order.prakash jain adv.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register