LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samayeta Bal   17 December 2020

Help a 71 year old, get his pension during these hard times

I am Mallikharjunarao SSK aged 71 years and almost nearer to grave and pray your Godliness to go through my representation sympathetically and do needful at your earliest please.

I worked for 33 years in Vysya Bank, ING Vysya Bank, and took VRS on health grounds in 2007. In the year 2010, All Indian Bank employees and officers arrived a Joint Note with All India Bankers Association to provide a second option to a pension to those employees who did not opt for pension earlier and are on roles of the bank as at 1995, subject to complying with various stipulations as agreed in the Joint Note. I was on the roles and eligible for a second option for pension as per such note and I applied for the same confirming that I will comply with the stipulations mentioned in the Joint Note.

ING Vysya Bank has denied my representation with flimsy grounds. I filled a case in the year 2013 at Bangalore City Civil Court and the case number is 6868/2013. Such case did not come for hearing even till date.

ING VYSYA BANK is taken over by Kotak Mahindra Bank in the year 2015.

In similar cases Supreme court has given verdicts in favor of employees.

Kotak Mahindra Bank is using its power to get the trial adjourned and so far the case is adjourned around 85 times. I don't have the money and physical strength to attend to the court.

Under these circumstances, I don't have confidence that I will get my pension during my life period because of a long process of legal procedures.

Hence, I come to an understanding to withdraw the legal case filed against the bank with a desire to enjoy the fruits of my pension during my life period provided Kotak Mahindra Bank pays me pension as per the Joint Note of 2010.

I request your Godliness to peruse with Finance Minister to advise Mr. Uday Kotak, MD of the bank to pay me pension as per my eligibility at your earliest, please.

I am also suffering from a cardiac problem and my life span will not be over 2  to  3 years if I don't encounter further health hazards and pray for your Godliness to support me to have a pension during my lifetime.

Because of Carona, as my age is 71, I cannot go out, and feel difficult to meet the daily requirements of food and medicines. Because of the present situation, I may not be in a position even to attend to the court.
I pray your Godliness to bless me to have my legally entitled Pension from Kotak Mahindra Bank ltd since 2007 for which I will be ever grateful to you Sir.
Thanks and regards,
Mallikharjunarao SSK
Employee No.902 (ING Vysya Bank was taken over by Kotak Mahindra Bank)

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 December 2020

Sir,

I am of the view that you may not be alone who facing a similar problem at the hands of ING Vysya and the merged entity Kotak Mahendra.  You may contact your earlier Officers' or Workmen Association or Union and try to get the matter resolved through them. Filing a case personal level and pursuing in our Courts is a herculian job.

I sincerely advice you to contact the Association or Union and seek their help for effective results.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 December 2020

There is something wrong with the case status. It is impossible that civil case would take so long in coming up for hearing.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 December 2020

What is the opinion and advise of the counsel (lawyer) engaged by you since she/ he is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case(s) ?

Josephine22   27 February 2021

The government provides numbers of facilities to government employers. Old employers get a pension and this case is also about the pension problem which old employers faces. I hope this proves term paper writing service helpful for such cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More