LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alcoholic husband (officer)     06 November 2013


I married 4 month back. I come to know wife past affair (before marriage) and after argument she agreed that she had physical with boy. We did trick and asked boy that boy told us they enjoyed many times. After our engagment also she had chat with boys (atleast 3 i tracked with all s*xy chat) and told them that she will come and meet them. I have recording about her acceptance. She finaly agreed saying she is doing this marriage only to make happy her father and mother. She also told me that she will stay with me without any complaint. I never had relation and I tried to overcome this but I could not so I decided for divorce. I have different concept for marriage its all give and take respect, if I cannot give her respect how my life would be happy its big question. My doctor said you will have to wait for some time as I am under too much pressure and depression.

We had discussion on family level and her father accepted her mistakes with lot of arguments ( he call himself foreign culture follower). Now he is ready for mutul divorce. but asking us 4.5 lacs cash and all jellery worth (2 lacs) received in marriage and furniture( 1 lacs) gift from marriage return else they will not come for sign.

We are ready for all, but they ask us for outside paper they told us we will not do this through court. Its too risky I know.

1. What should i do as he is very poor in communication and convey us that they dont have any hurry as her doughter is 4.0 years younger than me?

2. As thought he is ready for mutual he dont even respond well (yes we r desperate as i need divorce).

3. If in case they will not get ready on what basis i can go for divorce? I have all recorded confession and also her chating mails.

4. Is there any trick to make them worry (her father is very egoist person and he does not thing of her daughter becuse before some day she also told me that his happend under pressure o her father)

5 I am trapped and very upset becuse of this i could waste my important career growth and my mother father health. May be if I file case they will file false 498 against us.

please sugest


 2 Replies

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     06 November 2013

Dear Sir,

You will have to return all moneys, gifts received by you at the time of marriage. Please take a signed receipt in the presence of witnesses from both sides of the family for all things returned by you.

The divorce proceedings have to be through Court and not otherwise.

If they are not coming forward for a Mutual consent, you can initiate proceedings under cruelty and adultery with the evidence you appear to have gathered.

If they file a false case under dowry harassment,  you should face it boldly with the evidence that you have.

Engage the services of an advocate to help you go through the process in an appropriate manner

Best Wishes

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 November 2013

Get ready her for mutual concent divorce and get rid from her , if she deceives and not ready for MCD then you can file divorce u/s 13, 13(1)(i) of HMA , keep proof with you of her illicit relationship before and after marriage , It will be used at the time of evidence .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads