LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asif (XYZ)     11 May 2011

Help 498a



I need urgent advice, please help me

My wife wanted me to desert my parent and when i refused her family threetened me. I did not accept their wish and to my surprise she filed 498a on me. I was arrested ,but by gods grace got bailed out in 1 day and my father, mother and youger sister got anticipatory bail.

My wife has alleged in FIR that i was demanding 3 lac rupees to go to London, however the fact is that i keep visiting London for Official trainings. Last i went to London in February 2010 for 2 months and was bout to fly on 20th March 2011 but she filed the case on 17th March 2011, thereby preventing my trip. I have all the document from Company which clearly states that I am going to London from  x to y date and all expenses is born by Company. Also official visa entry is already stamped on my passport.

Initally the cops said that they will file chargesheet withing 2 weeks but its now nearly 2 months and they are not filing chargesheet.

I have since left my house n moved to friend residence and changed my cell nomber too.

Mty wife first tried to get my new number from my friends but my friend did not give her my number. Later she called my young sister and said she is sorry and asked her to convince me and take her back. My siister too changed her number. Later my BIL called my Maternal uncle and threatened that they will take further action if we do not take her sister back, My Maternal uncle said the boy is not ready and do what best you can do.

BIL then contacted my lawyer, first through his Lawyer and then directly to convince us in taking her sister back. My lawyer said since you falsely implicted them now they wont take your sis back, lets talk in court.

Now her cousin sister called my mom and started saying that my Wife is not eating, she is sorry for everthing please take her bak. Please dont spoil her life . My Mom said we will talk in court.

My family and I have suffered a lot because of this and I have made up my mind that i would rather perish then take her back.


Please advise me tow hat all extreme she can go and what should I be doing.


Troubled by Wife


 3 Replies

kumar sachin (lawyer)     11 May 2011

since u hv already been released on bail, u don't need to worry much nor u need to escape from them.

if u hv decided not to live with her, u can file a divorce case.

as far as case u/s 498a is concerned, if u hv evidence to prove her allegations wrong, u can file quashing in the high court.

Asif (XYZ)     11 May 2011

thank you for your guidence.


Sir I have questions inmy mind

1. Now that the girl is staying at her Parental residence for last 2 months and begging to be taken back , godforbid if she does anything to herself. Will that too be taken against us?

2. I have the FIR copy but it is not certified. Do i need a certified copy and how to get all the copy of all the documnts that she submitted with FIR.

3 My parents and younger sis are on AB, what will happen after cops file chargesheet. Will they have to go for regular bail????

stylistperson (Director)     13 May 2011

See my forum how & where to fight against misuse of 498a. You will get some helpful links.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register