Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (Center Manager)     03 January 2012

Help

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am raising this issue here that has victimsed me for many years and I want some support, suggestions and guidance through experts through the medium of this web-site. 

I have scored 48% in graduation(B.Sc.) and nowadays whenever there is a notitication of any competitive exam, they ask for minimim graduation percentage besides score in their exam. I recently appeared for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) Bank Probationary Officer(PO) exam. The notification of IBPS Written test for Bank PO was like this : A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. They also mentioned that "Each participating Public Sector Bank will independently issue a separate recruitment notification, specifying their vacancies and stipulating the eligibility criteria in terms of age, educational qualification, experience (if any), minimum required level of IBPS score in each component test plus Total Weighted Score (if any) etc.  "

I was not applying for any Bank PO so far because till now each bank was separately taking its recruitment exam and was asking for minimum graduation percentage to appear for their exam, but when from 2011, IBPS started taking exam for 19 PSU banks, I appeared for written exam as there was no percentage requirement there in its notification, and now after clearing written exam, each bank is asking for minimum percentage of graduation to appear for interview. I want legal opinion on this regarding ways to challenge this in a court of law. 

Actually, its not just IBPS against which I want to challenge, I want to challenge requirement of this percentage in graduation criterion itself by any copetitive exam that ask graduation from any discipling and not any specific discipline. When in the year 2006, Common Admission Test (CAT), first time brought in minimum 50% in graduation criterion, the reason cited was to reduce number of applicants for that exam. Is this reason fair? This criterion has nothing to do with selection of good quality students, but to make their work easier they bring in such criterion. Can they gurantee that any student who has not scored minimum 50% in graduation would surely be not able to clear their written exam? And, if some student is having capability and desire to crach this exam then isn't this injustice to him? 

I am ready to spend money to challenge this absurd criterion of minimum graduation percentage, just require some intial guidance as how it can be challenged. I will be highly obliged to anyone, who can help me with his/her knowledge to challenge this matter in court of law.  

Learning

2 Replies

prithvi (Analyst)     26 January 2012

You totally have my support buddy.....i am facing the same issue as you have....

I too have cleared the IBPS CWE exam....but just becuase i don't have more than 55% in my graduation

I am not able to apply to banks like PNB, Bank Of India and others ...they not giving me opportunity to compete

against other guys....you can not call it as a fair competiton....I am confident that given a opportunty i will surely

crack the interview......all i want is an opportunity....

I would seriously like to know whether we can challange this in court of law....

Please advise....

Sagar (Center Manager)     27 January 2012

Dear Friend, 

As per the advice given by most of lawyers here, we do not have any valid ground to challenge this as they said it is the discritionary power recruiting agency to set such criteria and court generally do not interfear in such cases. Still, u can reach my via my e-mail ID      soni.sagar.b@gmail.com  

We will discuss if we can find any way out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register