LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khan (Engineer)     17 May 2011


Sir In a case of s/c 306 after cross examination of witnesses court has now called the 4 doctors who had given death certificate, did the postmortem etc. Now my question is what if all the doctors has got transferred to a different place or if they don't come on due date? Please let me know the procedure for doctors witnesses. How many days the court will wait for them?


 2 Replies

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     17 May 2011

It is the duty of the prosecution to produce the witnesses, whether they are individual witnesses or official witnesses. In the sessions cases like sec.306 of I.P.C., genrally court will not give adjournments by breaking the schedule of trial. If the doctors do not turn up, the court will close the evidence of the particular witness. If necessary the prosecution will file a petition under section 311 of Cr.P.C., for recalling the witness, if the evidence of the particular witness is crucial to decide the case. 

Khan (Engineer)     08 June 2011

Sir, On due date I went to court and came to know that again my case has been changed to a different court (This is the 2nd time the case has been shifted). I really feeling fade up of the law situation of our country. In the cross examination also they could no proof anything, all of them was telling that they thought that due to me only their daughter has committed suicide. If due to someone's thinking I am suffering for last 5 years, my father has gone to severe heart attack then how could one have faith on law of our country. Sir please let me know after completion of all these procedures i.e. the evidences of doctors and police howmany more dates it can take to decide over the case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query