Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Q Slinger (NA)     23 March 2015

Hearing of misc. petitions before the main case date.

Hello Experts:

I have 498a case on me and my passport was taken away in 2012. I filed for return of Passport in June 2014 but due to administrative reasons, my case got transferred to different court and the judge there is temporary and is only working at 40% capacity. My 498a dates are nearly 4-5 months apart in the new court and the next one is in May 2015.

Its been over 9 months and there is no progress in the passport petition. I have asked my lawyer to mention the passport petition in the court so it can be heard even before my 498a date comes. My lawyer says that this is not possible as there is a advancement petition in criminal law.

Need your suggestions on how I can get my passport petition to be heard even before my 498a date. Looking forward to your valuable insights.

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

FightForCause (Businessman)     23 March 2015

Check PM

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 March 2015

Sir, Application for release of passport can be taken otherwise from the main case.... Move a fresh application and appear yourself and request for return of passport ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register