LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (student)     06 July 2012

He is trying to break the engagement

He said he will not marry me after a month of our engagement.He said that because of parents force only he accepted to marry me and now he is saying that he went into deep depression and he is showing medical certificates for that.I know that he is pretending.He asked me to break the engagement.Now i do not want to marry him,but i want to teach him a lesson.His parents have taken dowry from our parents before engagement itself.I have the proofs also.Now can i legally punish him?If so if i approach a police station and file a complaint will they accept and arrest him immediately?Under which sections i can file a complaint?If they come to know that i am going to police station they may arrange for bail and get out.But i want to teach a lesson to those buggers who played with my life.I do not want to leave them.Please help me.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ANSWERS.

Can any body tell art498A be used before marriage and after engagement?Can i file a cheating case for his immediate arrest?

Learning

10 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     06 July 2012

you give a detailed complaint that when and where and in the presence of whom dowry was delievered to the boy and give it in the area police station and receive a copy of the FIR.  The case will be registered under Dowry Prohibition Act.  In the case if the police will not act promptly and try to derail the issue, later on, after giving some time, you can approach the Magistrate with the complaint.  In this case, Section 498-A is not applicable.

ragz hyder (PM)     06 July 2012

Understand your dowry situation Ms. But seriously after reading your email it feels like 498A is a revenge mechanism. Its sad.

Sammelan Kavi (Software)     08 July 2012

Pooja

I understand your pain but I do not understand what do you want to punish him for? Is he/they refusing to return the goods they took from you or your parents?

Changing mind about marriage is not illegal. How has he destroyed your life? I hope that you did not get physically get involved. 

If the guy is depressed at thoughts of marriage, you should be very grateful that you  away from him. Recover your goods /assets and forget him like a bad dream. Do not chase him for marriage. Instead, be grateful that he has told you how he felt.

Self service (None)     08 July 2012

You should be thankful that he is telling you truth before marriage. Leave him and find out better for yourself.

You can demand your all money back and he should give it to you. Do not spoil your and his life, just think you are saved from big blunder.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     09 July 2012

Taking revenge may further harm ur reputation, keeping in view judiciary in India, no easy relief is possible too.

So keep only one point agend as far as this relationship is concerned: RECOVER ALL UR VALUABLES (take police/legal steps if they refuse to do so) & WALK AHEAD IN LIFE. Shun the revengful feelings.

(Guest)
The women are ready to file 498a before marriege.!....can u believe.!....then what after marriege...? Its india.
1 Like

stolt (2nd officer)     09 July 2012

If you are ready to file 498A before marraiage, We can easily forsee the future ,after marriage.

(Guest)

Please file 498a you and he ( breaking the engagement) will come to know about marriage laddu before marrige.

BTW if you break the engagement what he should do?Should he change his gender?

2 Like

(Guest)

Instead of 498a....you should file a civil suite for alimony of 1 cr on the grounds of financial hardship you will face due to called off marriage.

You should also claim 50% right in his movable and imovable property.

Not that I am suggesting that you will get it but I am just taunting you about what you missed because that guy was smart and probably sensed trouble.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 July 2012

@ Pooja,

Here is your inspiration

https://www.notablebiographies.com/news/Sh-Z/Sharma-Nisha.html 

Actually you can very well file S. 406 / S. 417 IPC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register