Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

$han1986   16 June 2015

Hdfc credit card repayment negotiation

Hi ,

I request advise on the below mentioned issue that I'm facing with HDFC Credit Card Collection Team.

I used HDFC Credit Card for 47000 and Now they claim i have to pay 82000. I Was repaying it in installments.,And unfortunately due to few medical commitments I was not able t opay continously, Then we had a representative come to my home and collect those for few months.

However as there was 2-3 months where i was not being able to pay as mentioned above my Salary account was liened, and I had to quit that job and look for another one. Now that I've joined on another job sin 2 months, I had to sort out other medical commitments as earlier and requested every repl who called me or my dad or who visited my home to give me time till August 2015 , And from then I'll go for a settlement in 5-6 installments and close the debt.

The way they talk or treat is really pathetic, Now that there was a Deputy Manger from HDFC calls my colleague (A Girl) and asks her give her phone to me to talk, When i ask him He's aware of both my numbers and My address in which I'm very much available.,

He's forcing meto pay the whole amount by this mnth, Or else no need to pay and saying he knows what to do and how to collect andthreating me .

I've had really bad treatment with the collection rep and have few calls recorded as well on the same.,

I've recorded the call of the Deputy manager as well where he asks me not to pay and not ready to listen to me and threats as he knows how to collect the Money.

I believe Bank will claim for an insurance when they cant trace a customer who has absconded after using the card and didnot pay, But why is the treatment is so bad when the customer is ready to repay and just requests time for the same.

I'm the oly person who earns in the family and all i ask is little more time so i can prepare myself for settling hte Debt. Please advise on how to proceed this,

Not sure if they can lien my current salary account as well which is of different bank, which in turn will again make me quit this job and look for another one for living.

They also threaten me that they'll email my HR on the same, Am not sure what impact that will have in my job, If it affect my job, how they expect me to pay being a salaried Person.

Kindly advise on how to proceed.

Learning

8 Replies

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     16 June 2015

Proceed for legal remedy, if you are being abused and tortured.There is law that recovery cannot be done by abusing or threatening to the customer. If bank use such a means for recovery that is illegal, then can be prosecuted in court.

advocateanilupadhyay@yahoo.com

$han1986   16 June 2015

Hi Anil,

Thanks for such a quick response.

I dont want to trouble more, But My Biggest doubt is , If they have any option to lien the salary account now which is though not HDFC, Or if they send any email to my HR, Would that impact my Job.

As I've Mentioned I'm the only one to earn in my Home, Job is my priority for living and repaying.

Please advise on this . Thanks in advance.

Bank cannot touch a penny of the account holder, without instruction of account holder. Bank has no right to lien your salary account, but if you have made agreement to deduct EMI against credit card, then only deduction can be done, as per term and conditons of the agreement.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2015

You have posted that:

“my Salary account was liened, and I had to quit that job”

“They also threaten me that they'll email my HR on the same, Am not sure what impact that will have in my job, If it affect my job, how they expect me to pay being a salaried Person.”

Banker must have inserted right to lien and set off in a/c opening form signed by you or even CC issuance form signed by you.

If you have copies of both check these.

Bank’s and its conduct is illegal.

You may approach a lawyer against the threats and let your lawyer takeover.

M/s HDFC bank has been penalized unlimited number of times as per various publications still it is not reforming and hence any court of law should surmise and be constrained to conclude that it is a habitual offender.

You may go thru a detailed thread at following link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

1 Like

$han1986   16 June 2015

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the response, It is very helpful.

I have one last doubt, Can HDFC bank lien my Axis bank account for the CC deficit that i need to pay.

As suggested i would check any lawyer available in my area to proceed further.

I told about terms and conditions... So perused them before moving on..
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2015

Not without order from court.
1 Like

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     16 June 2015

Liening can be done automatically in an account with the same bank. In other banks, either you need to authorize them or by a court order they can do so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register