LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul   22 April 2023

Hdfc bank personal loan emi not paid

I didn't receive any summon in person or by post to the registered residential address, but I keep getting SMS (sender as HLEGAL) to my cell phone last month and today that - Attention! The Hon'ble court has issues summons to appear in a criminal case and that non-appearance may lead to the issue of a warrant. But I didn't receive any summon in the first place. Please advice what to do next. Thanks!

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2023

If you have received the message to appear before the said court, you may better contact an advocate in the local and find out the status as well as engage his/her services to handle the case.

1 Like

Paul   23 April 2023

Sir, The SMS doesn't have any information of court name, date and time of hearing - nothing. I don't know where to start.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2023

The bank is creating an impresion that you have been informed.  Send them a notice. It would be sham SMS

1 Like

Siddhi   24 April 2023

Have you defaulted in paying EMI? Is the sms from bank only as several scammers are active. Please visit bank and clarify. If couldn't pay EMI seek time and don't make commitments you can't keep.

Paul   26 April 2023

@Siddhi

Thanks Sir. Yes, I have defaulted in paying EMI. However shouldn't the summon be served via regsitered post to the person's residence and the acknowledgement card be signed ? In this case I haven't received any summon to my address. Also the SMS doesn't have any details of court name, date and timings. Please advise! Can I irgnore the message?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

I have my own doubt that the contents were sent by bank or any authority.

This appears to be work of collection agents who work on commission basis.

In order to earn their commission or incentive, they adopt such type of tactics so that once you get frightened, due to pressure and fear, you may come down to their terms.

Better ignore such messages or try to find the sender and issue a legal notice instructing them to refrain from such illegal activities or to face legal consequences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register