LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rangarajan (Consultant Physician)     20 July 2011

HC Appeal Notice.

Hi Learned Forum,


Request advice. I received this notice from the Hon'ble High Court regarding my divorce.


" Take notice that an appeal/revision petition from the above decree/order has been presented by the above named appealant or petitioner and registered in this court, and that if you intend to defend the same you must enter an appearance in this court and give notice thereof to the appealant or petitioner or his pleader within 30 days after service of this notice to you.

If no appearance in entered on your behalf by yourself, your pleader or someone authorised by law to act for you in this appeal/revision, it will be heard and decided in your absence. "


Does this " 30 day " have anything to do with the "interim suspension" notice I received in previous week or it operated by itself ? 


In my visit to the HC, I could not get any clear answer about whom to meet and where to "enter an appearance." and everyone says that there will be no dates for such matters.... just engage a lawyer. Till I find a lawyer, what to do in the 30th day ?


Please advice me. Thank you.




 6 Replies

Naveen Kumar (service)     20 July 2011


You have received the summons from High Court.  The procedure to appear before the HC is that you engage your lawyer and give  instructions to him.  He will take the signatures on vakalath [Power to appear before any court] as well as on your written statement.  Then Lawyer will file the vakalath in  the court.  The Court will fix the date for your appearance and hearing the matter.  You will come to know your case date through your lawyer or else you can find it on net by summitting your case number details.  Or else your lawyer will receive the cause list from high court, so then he will inform you.     

1 Like

Rangarajan (Consultant Physician)     20 July 2011

Hi Mr.Naveen,


Thanks for your immediate information. Should all this be done within 30 days? What exactly is to be done within 30 days? This is bothering me, since it's very very close to 30th day.


Please advice. Early. Thank you.



T.K.VENKATARAMAN (Advocate)     20 July 2011

Yaar! Why do you worry about other things. As Mr. Naveen suggested you give your Vakkalatnama to your Advocate and he will advice you the rest. File your vakkalat within the time 

1 Like

Rangarajan (Consultant Physician)     20 July 2011

Hi Mr.Venkatraman,


Thanks for your response. Right now, it's a bit of a worry since I don't have an Advocate and I need to look for one. That's why I am stressed-up about what is critical and compulsory to do within the 30days. (And what consequences for delay !! ??)


Can someone throw some light please.







Hello Sir,

I think that you are worried about Court proceedings and confused in spite of the answers given by the learned advocates.

If you are not satisfied with the replies made by the learned members, don't worry. You can call me up on my cell phone and get proper advice on your matter.

With Best Regards,



Solicitor Chirag Shah (Advocate & Solicitor)     20 July 2011

A simple advise

Please Visit to the court (of which summons is issued to you) and inquier about some good advocate there.

Or ask your previousadvocate about the good advocate of appelate court.

Your problem will get solved. You have to contest the appeal now, and take the order in your favor here too. 



Chirag Shah.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register