LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prince (Student and businessman)     26 January 2013

Have a secret wedding and elope

Hi ! Greetings!

Please help us....

I am Prince. I am 21 years old. My girlfriend is 20 years old. We both live in Karnataka, INDIA. We Both are CHRISTIANS. I am SC caste(Hindu Mala) to be precise.

We are in love since years. But our parents are just toooooo strict and narrow minded! If they get to know that we want to marry then they will kill us for sure. Already when they gotta know little about our relationship, big problems happened!

Now we are planning to elope to Hyderabad in andhra pradesh. But we want to go and settle there and have a very secret wedding which will never be revealed to our parents or any relatives.

""We cant wait for 30 days after registering in a court for marriage. They may send notice to our homes! and everyone wil get to know about it and we will be ruined.""

Is there any way such that we can get married in a day or two and then take the marriage cert and elope? Is that possible?

Any suggestions?

Thank You.........


 3 Replies

Neelam Narania (partner)     27 January 2013

Hello prince,

I am Hyderabad based lawyer and will definitely help you.Being major you need not to worry.If you need further consultation plz do contact.


With thanks and regards,

Adv. Neelam Narania

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     27 January 2013

1) Temple marriage is not possible for you. So, you shall have to give 30 days notice which will be displayed at the marriage registration office,

2) Your plan for getting eloped and married in Hyderabad is excellent but what about your plan to make earnings for the livelihood of you two?

3) Make a plan for earing too otherwise it will be very tough to survive.

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     28 January 2013

Sir, I am really shocked by the contents of the question. Once your parents do not want to perform your marriage, and you fear honour killing; no purpose will be served with your proposed marriage. Please leave this hope. Only permissible alternative for you is to file a habeas corpus petition, to find out whether the Court can get you Police Protection, which is also useless. To be honest to you, only in Cinema there is proverb of married and lived happily thereafter. In real life, the proverb is, even for a marriage which is only one week old, there can be many reasons to secure divorce. What is necessary is the ability to patchup and to lead a happy life. In case of an arranged marriage, if there is a dispute, which will definitely arise after a few hours of the marriage; the families will serve as shock braker to save the life. In case, the parents are not permitting for an arranged marriage, wait another 20 years, when you will have more matured mind and without any help from your elders you will be able to avoid or sort out problems. Thereafter get married and try to lead a life, only if you are certain that, you got a matured mind - i do not say that when both of you understand one another properly. I am speaking about your more matured mind and life. Bye.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register