Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pirangi mohan (yx)     11 July 2013

Harrassment from father-in-laws

Since 10 years i am facing problem from my father-in-laws family people

What is the solution for that, how to over come from that


 5 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     11 July 2013

You have not disclosed your gender. However, if you are a wife of the husband, you may file a petition for a relief under Domestic Violence. But before proceeding, inform your husband about the same that if the nature is not suitably amended, you will take appropriate legal action. But again the difficulty is that your husband will be displeased due to your probable action in law. And it may also spoil the relationship as husband and wife. Husband is bound to re-act because you are doing something adverse against his father.

pirangi mohan (yx)     11 July 2013


I am male, i am facing the above problem from my wife's side. pls suggest me for approprate steps to avoid above.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 July 2013

Without facts it is very hard to advise you properly

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     11 July 2013

Keep minimum contacts with your FIL's family.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     11 July 2013

as explained in above queries its clear that going through legal means your wife and husband relations will be on cross roads

avoiding him means little bit okay meeting yearly once only on special occasions

or making mediator to solve the issue by having a chat by including another person to solve the issue may be a lawyer introduce him as your friend and take steps 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads