LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Narayan (learning)     26 May 2012


my sister-in-law is going to her mother's house tomorrow.she is thretening us that she will file 498a and some cases similar to these whih will put the entire family behind bars.

sir my question is :

after she lodges complaint against us at police station near her mother's house, will police comes and arrests us??


 14 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     26 May 2012

The police will certainly come, they will never miss out on chances to make a quick buck!

Vishwa (translator)     26 May 2012

The police will certainly come, they will never miss out on chances to make a quick buck!

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 May 2012

Go for anticipatory bail.

1 Like

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     26 May 2012

Yes the police can certainly come and send the accused to incarcation
1 Like

Pragnesh patel (SR. HR EXECUTIVE)     26 May 2012

Respected Dignteries,

i am 24 years of age boy. staying in a village located in outskirt of ahmedabad. i have been facing pleenty of problems due to improper aggrement that happened 20 years back. some one who sounds reach had coaxed my forefathers and deceived them and got that aggrement signed. now i wanna fight against the same. do i have any chances to win this case? i have just finished my first year of LLB and to end up as a winner i am desperate to finish the further study.

please help me in this matter as due to this my family since last couple of decades, facing d problems and lots of disappointment.


law only favours d reach?

sri (ceo)     26 May 2012

dont hype 498a or arrest as something insulting...

just walk in and walk out with bail...

face dirty faces head on...

almost all 498a's are mischief...

but need to spend time around courts...

claim damages for this...

1 Like

Deep Narayan (learning)     26 May 2012

thank u viswa ji,archana ji,rajeev kumar ji. and spcl thanks u sri.well answer sri:). thank u all.

Deep Narayan (learning)     26 May 2012

Archana ji with due respect i want to ask that can we take anticipatory bail even when the FIR is not registerd?? becoz we are in dellema that whether she will register a FIR or not.


You can call me up on 9842197857 to get proper legal advice in your case.



Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 May 2012

@Deep Narayan,

It depends upon whether you can show reasonable apprention of arrest, the court can grant you AB even without there being an FIR registered against you. But the apprehension should be 'reasonable' and not just in the form of 'I just think that she may.....' . So if you are not reasonably sure then do not go for AB. Ignore it if they are just casual remarks just to frighten you. If she  seriously is threatning you to file false cases then you can also file NC in the police station against her.

1 Like

Deep Narayan (learning)     26 May 2012

Got it.thank u archana ji:)

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     26 May 2012

When 498A is filed police call for mediation.  They do not register case immediately.  When they call you/your family members for mediation apply for AB.  Otherwise, by the time AB comes up for hearing and case is not filed, it will be rejected.

1 Like


you can go for AB without waiting for the FIR to be filed

1 Like

Deep Narayan (learning)     27 May 2012

Thank u very much chandrasekhar ji and janak raj ji:)

thanks both of you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register