LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

harrasment at workplace

I work as a lecturer in govt college... the principal of college put me in anti ragging squad without telling me and displayed my nobile number... due to this some students called me harrased me and when I caught them he refused to take action...
he shouted over me and asked me to write against the student which I didn't do... one of the students parents met him and he refused to meet other

I cannot file any case against me now as if I do the local people can do anything to me as the place where I stay it's awayy from my hometown

can we file complaint against him after 2 years when I leave the job to govt and women commission... I have evidence... will some action would be taken or not if I file complaint after many yrs of incident as he will retire this nov...
this incident happened last year

and the student he let go was kicked out as he was involved in ragging

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 June 2020

Come on.  Be mature.  Everyone has his own problems.   The relations with students are very delicate and sensitive.  Tomorrow, you may become principal then you will realize the difficulties.  Just ignore and do not get disturbed.  Wait as such principals will certainly come back and explain his position to you.  Experiences like these turn you into a tough administrator.  Focus on career and get a good name as an expert in your field and naturally, students admire you.  If there is a problem nip it in the bud or ignore, but never carry the burden for years together.

(Guest)
be mature... so u say him shouting on me n me getting harrassed is something I should tolerate.... if this happens to your family then you will know... if u r a lawyer I dnt know how people like u exist... may be u r also one of those people who like to harrass other n tell them be mature...

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 June 2020

It appears the place is in some remote area. It is better you keep the issue live by submittting application seeking explainations. Just mention everything in the application/represantation. But be care ful that this may not cause problems in your psot retirement issues/pensions./PF/etc... However if you think the Principal was persoanlly responsible and acted hencpecked ,then file a complaint latter . The issue neds to be kept alive any ways till you legally drill him . 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 June 2020

Originally posted by : Member (Account Deleted)
I work as a lecturer in govt college... the principal of college put me in anti ragging squad without telling me and displayed my nobile number... due to this some students called me harrased me and when I caught them he refused to take action... he shouted over me and asked me to write against the student which I didn't do... one of the students parents met him and he refused to meet otherI cannot file any case against me now as if I do the local people can do anything to me as the place where I stay it's awayy from my hometowncan we file complaint against him after 2 years when I leave the job to govt and women commission... I have evidence... will some action would be taken or not if I file complaint after many yrs of incident as he will retire this nov... this incident happened last yearand the student he let go was kicked out as he was involved in ragging

You have stated, that, "...due to this some students called me harrased me and when I caught them he refused to take action... he shouted over me and asked me to write against the student which I didn't do..." accordingly you have decided not to abide by the instructions/ orders of the Principal then what do you expect from him ?

Subsequently you have stated, that, "...one of the students parents met him and he refused to meet other.." it is purely his discretion, he may meet any one and decline others. How you are concerned and why are you perturbed on the personal decision of Principal, 

You want to initiate legal action and stated that, "..can we file complaint against him after 2 years when I leave the job ..." No, you can not file complaint at this stage since there is a limitation to file a complaint, which you have missed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 June 2020

The facts posted suggests no harassment. It appears that you could not take a principled stand on the issues that cropped up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register