LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jakar (abc)     10 January 2013

Harassment to a boy before marriage

I am currently unmarried and staying away from home in a rented room.I am also working in a private company.My parents talked to a family for my marriage.One day the girls father and her uncle made a surprise visit without pre-informing me.the girls father is a very low level and 'badmaash' kind of a person,He called me at his hotel and started threatening me with dire consequences that if i do anything wrong to her daughter after marriage he will go to any extent.Then both of them forcibly came to my room to do checking.i felt very embarrassed.He was behaving in a very dominating way.He checked my whole room and opened almirahs and all that.I was feeling very scared too and as if i am a thief.Then he came the next morning and asked me to show all my educational and financial documents.I again felt very embarrassed but had no option.The girls uncle questioned me repeatedly over a scooty(which belonged to my landlord).He thought that i have some girlfriend who has parked the same over there.They also forcibly asked me to take them to my office.My parents are aged and simple.I told them but they did not say anything that day to him.

My question is if someone is in a similar situation and feeling embarrasment,what can be done.Specailly when the girls father called me to his hotel and threatened me.I got very disturbed and upset with all this.I never thought they wud behave in such a manner.What action i could have taken at that moment to avoid getting embarassed and hurt.Can we call the police on 100?Will they help us.


 8 Replies

v.jayachandran (advocate)     11 January 2013

just avoid that girl for marriage, simple.

Vijay (cyber celll)     11 January 2013

at any cost dont have any contact with them 

I had been in similer situation before,better search through online matrimony portals

Rucha Pawar (legal executive)     11 January 2013

I am agree with Jayachandran


strictly forbid to marry, dnt marry her

SAM (LEGAL)     12 January 2013

Dear, Simply say no to the offer for marriage and tell ur parents that you did not like that girl and just ask ur parents to search for new girl and dont ever let them to come to ur home and touch ur personal things and if they barge into ur home, then request them that u r not interested to proceed with the mariage offer as u do not like the girl

Jakar (abc)     12 January 2013

Thanks for your reply sir...

if such people listen to your request then everything is fine.I told them not to force me and intrude my privacy but they kept on doing what they wanted.They just used to neglect whatever I was saying.I was scared and could not do much alone.

My question is If I would have called the police by dialing 100,would it have gone in my favor?A innocent person cannot handle such situations without someone's help.

sagar jadhav (employee)     12 January 2013

once u told u dont want to marry that girl and thats final they will never waste time on u


Mentally Depressed (will tell you later)     13 January 2013

Its make me very depress on hearing all this..Its essential that one should keep the worries out of the door by avoiding the marraige and report the matter to police if there is threat to your life

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query