LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish Kumar (student)     07 April 2014

Harassment - service rules !

I am working as Junior Manager in Public Sector Undertaking. I am facing harassment from my Manager, who is my boss. My boss sends me  harassment SMS text messages and threatened to kill me over my mobile phone. All the SMS Text messages are safe  at the inbox of my mobile phone. I want to lodge a police complaint regarding harassment. What are the PSU rules/ Government Rules regarding lodging a police complaint. Should I first seek permission from my PSU's Personnel Department or should I direct go the the Police Station and  lodge a complaint ? Please help me.

Learning

7 Replies

Sanjay Malik (Manager- Legal & Compliance )     07 April 2014

Please collect all evidence, if you have smart phone get print out of all such sms, and record all coveration, raise the issue with senior official o grevience complaint committee constituted under the ID Act in your organization, would be better to settle the matter after negotiations.

Police compliance you can file without any approval from anyone, its your own previlage.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2014

PSU and Govt do not frame any service rules on loading criminal case.  However if the misconduct is connected with duty then sanction of prosecution will be needed (from authority competent to dismiss your boss) before filing of criminal case.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2014

are you not already advised repeated on series of earlier threads.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2014

The conduct of this Boss is certainly bad. He can be sued. 

As pointed out by Mr.Sudhir Kumar sufficient has been discussed in various threads initiated by querist and advised. Record all calls.

The querist needs to initiate to act.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2014

no use recording because you will do nothing.

moreover you are not sharing the contents of the conversation. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

what is the need to hve a fresh query on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harassment-by-sending-sms--63882.asp

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

also connect

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harassment-service-rules--100436.asp#.U0K2OaI1hn4

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register