Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shankara Narayananan (NA)     01 December 2022

Harassment of woman

Respected Sir/Madam,

A police officer always harassing his neighbour woman by making lewd comments, singing, murmuring, blocking and hiding the ways etc. whenever he gets chances.

He has spoken filthily to her child also. He has damaged the rear view mirrors and seat of her bike when no one was around.

Please advise whether that woman can file a petition in the State Human Rights Commission ( praying for:


1. A direction to the police department to initiate disciplinary proceedings against that person?

2. Compensation for her mental agony and frustration and for damages of her bike?

The harassing police officer should be punished as per law. Otherwise, he will continue his mischief behaviour with his neighbour woman and other women also.

Please advise.


 5 Replies

vijay sathya   01 December 2022

file a FIR

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2022

The concerned woman has many a remedy open to her. The onus reat with her in taking the initiative.

Shankara Narayananan (NA)     01 December 2022

Respected sir, 


Thanks for your kind reply. 

Please let me know whether that woman can file petition in the State Human Rights Commission praying compensation and disciplinary proceedings against that person. Please advise.


Thanks sir 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 December 2022

Yes, she is entitled to move various authorities including State Human Rights Commission.

She should consult and engage a local prudent lawyer or may seek help of Secretary State / District Legal Services Authority.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2022

can also go to wopman commission.       

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query