LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shikha Gujral (Anonymous)     07 September 2013

Harassment in In-laws family house

I m married to a NRI. Presently I was staying with my inlaws. My husband is in abroad country. He neither want me to go to his country nor he want to come back to India. My mother in law n my sister in law used to quarrel with me on every second day. My husband also abuses me on phone he is saying me to go back to my maternal home. Now my patents want to take me back home. please tell me while leaving my in-laws where to make a police complaint. in my inlaw city or my home city where my father lives. someone told me since nri is involved we need to make a complaint to ssp of district n send cc copies of that complaint to local police of inlaws city n my maternal city. Kindly advice me. My husband had sent me mail where he mentioned that he cant go further with this relation. Advice me as soon as possible.

Learning

3 Replies

Krishna Gulagari (LAWYER)     07 September 2013

Obsolute that is right. You can file complaint in CCS

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2013

any direct or indirect dowry demand?

reasons for querell?

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     09 September 2013

You can file a complaint for cruelty in marital home. The law in this case gives wide latitude to the wife to file the complaint at the place of her convenience. The options are place of marriage, place of last residence with husband (in-laws' city) or place where wife is staying after separation (parents' city). Therefore, the complaint can be filed at your in-law's city or at your parents' city, whichever is more convenient for you.

It is better to inform the police station nearest your marital residence about the cruelty before leaving your in-laws city. This helps to establish proof and can be done by calling 100 or the nearest police station and complaining about the cruelty. A formal complaint and application for maintenance can then be filed at your parents' city. This enables easier follow up of the complaint. You can also visit the SP or SSP of your in-laws' city and tell them of the intention to file a complaint at your parents' home.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register