Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHALIN   24 January 2023

Harassment from bank

SBI, the leading bank managers how misuse their power. They send me wrong cheque of small amount. To return money i asked letter from Bank to show to Income Tax, the letter Bank is not giving me. They are sending Gundas. I registered Police complaint. Now Bank send me lagal notice of money recovery. Can I ask for compensation of Mental Harassement and threatening bu Gundas? The lawyers are not from Bank panels but personal friend of Manager./ 


 3 Replies

HomeBuyer   24 January 2023

If you file a case against bank manager for using personal lawyer to harrass you the bank manager would get arrested for that. 

Even the bank is not suppose to send recovery agents as it has been banned by Supreme Court

So a manager doing it at his own personal level is a criminal offense 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 January 2023

According to separate guidelines by RBI, banks cannot forward recovery cases to agencies if a customer has raised any grievance until the lender settles the complaint. If the bank fails to act within 30 days, the borrower can contact the banking ombudsman.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2023

Given facts indicate that you can copmpliant ot the Chief Vigilance Officer and Central Vigilance Commission against the manager.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query