LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonia   15 January 2021

Harassment defamation

I am a divorced lady. An old friend of mine reconnected with me after years for a marriage alliance after keeping me in the dark by lying about his divorce and leading me on to date him. After I started to know him, his toxic behaviors started coming out one by one and i decided to do a background check and also find out what went wrong in the marriage. I realized he was an equally toxic partner to his wife and he was lying to me about the divorce. My enquiry ended up in his wife, her family n his family knowing he had been dating me and this has exposed him to everyone and also leading to his divorce. He threatened to make sure I'd never be able to marry again or work in any place. Its been a week, everyday I get calls from close friends to even hi hello friends to acquaintances (all males) to tell me this guy has called them and spoken the dirtiest cheapest things about me and also linking me and the concerned friend thereby provoking them to speak ill against me. Apparently he records these calls. I'm trying to move on but this kind of harassment and defamation is affecting my mental state, I'm unable to work or go about my life. He seems like a psycho who won't stop as now he has lost everything. What should I do?

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 January 2021

1. Coordinate with a local Criminal Lawyer with the mentioned details, who will file Criminal Cases on your behalf against the said person. Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Nandini Warrier   15 January 2021

Good evening, In India, libel and slander (both are considered as actions of defamation) are criminal offences under section 499 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), and under Section 500 of IPC Criminal Defamation is actionable, wherein the accused will be imprisoned for two years, or he is fined, or both a fine and imprisonment. Please go through this link and understand all facts- https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/defamation-and-laws-in-india-9193.asp Hope everything gets better soon! Regards, Nandini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register