LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harassed husband (Business Development Manager)     22 May 2013

Harassment by wife and in laws


Im one of those unlucky guys, where my wife and in laws are harassing me to leav my parents and join them.Last week it was a marraige of my wifes sister and we all went happily.Now after marriage she is nto ready to come back to me telling that I should come to thier house and listen only to her. She has already attempted suicide once to threaten me and im concerned now not for me but for my two daughters.

My father in law is a cheater involved in unauthorised chit fund scam, being a goverment employee along with my co-brother, who amasssed a.5 crores fo public money and declared bankrupt wantedly so that they can save themselves.In fact my brother is also a victom by them. Now that they have money, they are trying to threaten me as they think they have money and can buy police and law anytime.

I got two daughters and im concerned only about them as Im fed up of my wife and her parents constantly threatening me agisnt dowry act.In fact, I did not take any dowry and till today not even once i asked any favour from them.

How can I ensure my father in law lose his job and get accussed in the criminal act and teach my wife a lesson...

Please help..


 3 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     22 May 2013

1) being vindictive is no solution to your problem

2) if on account of your efforts your father in law loses his job then god save you .

3) your wife will make your life miserable and you will be busy running around courts on account of false cases filed by her .

4)practctal solution would be to stay separate in rented premises with your wife and 2 children .(it can be near your parents residence) 

5) refuse to stay in your in laws premises . if ever you agree you will be completely at their mercy .

6) suggest to your wife that both should visit a marriage counsellor

harassed husband (Business Development Manager)     22 May 2013

Thanks for the reply..

Right from Day-1, we are staying separately with two kids.However, she feels, im not giving importance to her and her parents, whihc is also a false claim. I never stopped her going to her parents place and infact never did anything wrong to her and her parents. just because she knows I cant liev without my kids, they are playing a plot...

When I know my father in law has cheated my own brother and many people and enjoyign the life, which is against law, do you think keeping quiet is an right way?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 June 2013

you perhaps do not know that the misconducts of Govt servant also go beyond his professional duties.  A govt servant can be charged by his department :-


(i) cheating in privatge life (even without complaint of victim)

(ii) declaring bankrupcy.

(iii) non-reporting financial transaction to deptt.

(iv) having assettes disproprotionate to know sources of income (it is criminal offence as well under PC Act 1988)


you cnakeep him busy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query