LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Harassment by my societys security guard and the police

Today i was provoked by the security guard of our society. He was extremely rude, abusive as well as challenged me to come and settle the matter face to face. My call had been regard to look for my driver as i could not get through his cell. The boy was on campus but coulkd not be found.Its a rule that the guards keep a strict watch on the staff that enters our society. This request was asked as a favor. He refused and i was ok with it but the tone that he used was wrong.I requested him to check his tone not once but thrice.After which he challenegd me to come and settle this face to face.I tried calling the societys president but his phone was not reachable.After repeated volley of abuses i decided that it was enough.I wne t downstairs to the guard room.he provoked me and assaulted me.After which i defended myself.i did not hit him.i had no intentions of getting into a fight with this man.He took the law in his hands.I didnt.I kow that he is not my personal servant.My societys prsident agreed with the fact that it was the guard that was at fault.What precautions and actions can i take to prevent such incidents in the future?

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2013

I am sure your behaviour would have lead you to loose sympathy of the executive of the society. You would go down to fight with petty insignificant guard instead of looking for your driver with no instructions to the driver to be near to gauard room.

How do you expect guard to leave the post and start running after driver/maid /sweeper of each flat. You need to have to be produced before SHO to know this.

You have by arrogant behaviour stooped down to the level of the guard and already would have made yourself a laughing stock.  You need not be told that security agencies cannot exist in trade without being hand in glove with police and police cannot afford to annoy them. They have to keep gurads in good humkour and even pamper them being informers.  Even electricity deptt uses them as informers to know about power theft.   Most of the owners are ex-army officers having liquor quota at CSD.

There may be some background otherwise guards who are from poor familites do not afford to behave rudely.

Guard has nothing to lose you have everthing to loose. mera kutch jana nahin tera kuch rehna nahin.

Needless to say when security agency has courage to give complaint against member directly without infrorming executive it is understood that they have blessingof President and Secretary.  So do not expect any support form executive.

You  can file a case u/s 323 and so will the guard do against you.  Both apply for bail (surrender passport) and keep attending the court at 10.00 am sharp on each day when called (sickness/whether/office urgency / family function /family trouble, irrespective) seek permission of court clerk to go to toilet so that your name is not called during that period.  Failure to raise hand when name is called  will lead to cancellation of bail and spending that night ........ (not in your flat)

You keep on paying lawyer and keep on  begging before the said electrician and plumber to depose in your favour which subseqeuntly he will refuse.  For the sake of livelihood they cannot afford to annoy security agency.

You carry your handicapped mother (more than once) to court to depose that guard behaved rudely and let her face cross-questions by guards lawyer to establish whether rudeness was there or not. Hope she may sustain x-examination.

(Guest)

I completely agree that the guars aren't suppose to leave the post.i ahd instructed my driver to be around the guard room.Now i am feeling sorry for hitting him and i know i shouldnt have.my president is on my side and telling me that because of my clean record he will go to any extent to save me from the cops. Cops have already overlooked this as a petty matter and have disposed off with this matter. The S.H.O told me i am free to go and to make sure i do not meddle in the affairs of the society.and i wont.F.I.R  has not been registered.by either parties.i just wnt to know how can i salvage this situation and get out of it  unscathed.Did they do it to get money out of me?

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     01 August 2013

1. Frankly speaking the S.H.O. should be taken into task for releasing you so easily and because of the said act of him you  could not even understand that you were not wronged but you took all wrong & illegal steps,

2. Strange that you have asked somebody to do your personal work.which is not his job & for which you do not pay him. This is insulting to him. You have taken it for granted that you can tell him to call your driver since he is just a Guard & you are a big shot who has a car & also that he should accept your such insult on him without reacting. You have asumed this position of yours. What would have happened had your neighbour or the guard himself told you to call their servant? How you would you have reacted? No body provoked you. You only compelled all to resist your arrogant behaviour & acts,.

3. I am unable to understand how an individual can be slapped & the person who slapped him raises claims about his authority to slap that person and expresses disgust for being questioned for his such wonderful and natural act..

4. Lovely post indeed,

5. Last I heard that India has got independence & it is a democratic country where all have equal right to live with honour.

It is your imagination that President is with you.

Has he asked agency to dismiss the guard?

Has he terminated the contrct f agency?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register