Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassment by icici recovery agents

Page no : 2

siddhartha sinha   20 December 2015

Dear Mr Jha, the grounds of complaint to rbi are speicifically mentioned. These are the only complaints which the ombudaman can accept. There is no such grounds as unfair banking practice or mental agony. However not adhering to rbi guidelines wrt recovery agents is there.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2016

Complaint to RBI dept. handling Consumer complaints, and CC complaints and governore can be made.

The addresses etc are available in the link already posted by me.

Ajaykumar   21 January 2016

Thanks for all your valuable feedback. 

I was contacted by a member from the bank and apologised for whatever had happened. She said that they will investigate the matter and will contact me.

After few days later, the lady called up and said that they have heard the call recordings and asked me to visit the branch so to speak to them personally. I refused to visit the bank and told them that we can have a conversation on phone. Then her senior (a recovery manager from ICICI bank) have called up and told me that if i want to settle the amount on behalf of my father. I asked them if they have taken any action against the agency, to that they responded saying me or my wife won’t be contacted again. They however was asking me to do the settlement. 

I denied to do any outright settlement and asked if they would compansate me what the mental agony i and my wife suffered. They responded saying that those were follow up calls and was not harassing. I asked then from where they got my wife number which they said that they got it from public domain.

I am not satisfied with the banks response. Need to take the next step.

My stand now is i am ready to settle the outstanding on behalf of my father, but i need compensation for mental agony/humiliation which my wife had gone through.

I am thinking to lodge a complaint with banking ombudsman as a next step. please advise.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 January 2016

Did you record this call also?

It is believed that you are Hindu.

You and your wife are not responsible for the debt(s) of your father.

M/s ICICI bank can not contact other than borrower i.e your father.

You may determine the financial compensation and penalty and punsihment you want to be on offenders and demand it.You can claim the damages and compensation from MD/Chairman of the bank.

YOu can also claim equiitable right to appoint recovery agency/agent to collect damages etc from offenders.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register