LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Shivchand Mishra (Lawyer)     18 July 2014

Harassment by builder

Hello Sir/ Madam I am facing water crisis in my flat since last one year as i raised voice against builders poor quality construction and wrong practices in District consumer forum. Actual problem started from the day we sent legal notice to builder for damage repair orruring because of his poor quality construction. Since then builder use to cut our water supply when ever he feels like harassing us. As we reside on 3rd floor of G+4 building When we approached 2nd floor below our flat they said they are not facing any problem and getting normal water supply.This incident of cutting water supply is not first time. previously when we use to make police complaints they refuse taking our complaint and ask us to approach water board for water issue and at the very next day of approaching police we use to get normal water supply as other flats get. Hence, this time we did not make any complaint regarding water supply because first time when we made complaint to police even though he didnt took our complaint in written but, when visited our flat on next day he found normal water supply and we were proved false in front of him. we were answer less. Very confused whether what to do, if we go to police again we will be proved false. Very terrible situation, Please advice what can we do?


 3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     18 July 2014

You file complaint before consumer Forum for relief.

Akhil Dave (Student)     19 July 2014

Hello Mr. Shivbaraja,

Obviously for your problem you can file the complaint at Consumer Court with prayer for various repairing, water ..etc [For rectification of your problems], or you can avail the estimate from other civil engineer for rectification of your problems and pray the court for compensation, damages for mental agony etc.

With the same complaint, you can file interim application wherein un interpreted water supply etc you can demand till the finalization of case, if that was under control of builder.

Against builder, strict, strategic and solid move is required.


Akhil Dave, Advocate, GUJARAT



Nitish Banka (lawyer)     04 February 2018

If you are a flat buyer and still waiting for possession of your dream flat and there has been years of delay now. You are also paying Rent and EMI you are financially drained and want to get out of the mess. Read this article and get out of mess without high legal fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register