LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M R Rajoria   06 May 2016

Harassment and mental torture by daughter

I am  67 years old.  My wife had expired in 1995 and I did not remarry.  I have 4 children i.e. 3 daughters and one son. My third daughter who is unmarried and about 38 years old has an affair with a person for the last 20 years.  I have told her so many times to marry him or to disconnect with him but she does not listen to my advise.  That person feeds her against me and she acts on his wrong advices.  She mis behaves with me and does not provide me lunch & dinner in time despite of telling her again and again. I am diebetic and hypertension patient.  I need food in time.  I prepare my meals and wash my utensils.  I am providing all facilities to her.  But of no use.  She often abuses me and says that if i want food in time i should re-marry.  I have told her so many times that i have no objection to marry her with a person of her choice.  But she neither tells the names of her boyfriend or gives his residential addresss or his father's mobile no.  So i am in a fix what to do.   She is well educated but behaves in a total different way without having any regard to me. Further she wants her share in my property whenever i ask her to marry. She also threatens me to harm me physically and kill herself so as to fix me in a criminal case. In such a situation kindly advise me what should i do and to whom i should approach for redressal of my greivances.  I am alone in the house as my son is working out of delhi and comes only once in a fortnight.



 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2016

Taking shelter at Old age home is the only solution, as there is proper care and attention in those homes by professionals and dedicated.  Dispose the property, keep it in fixed deposits with due nominations, and use interest on such fixed deposits for paying to old age home.  Staying in old age home is not a sin, and it is a comfort as you can interact with several persons and can be busy yourself.  67 years is not an advanced age but for your health problems.

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     07 May 2016

Absolutely agree with above advice.  Sell the property, keep the proceeds in FD, nominate other chldren if you want to, go stay in a elderly home, where you will be taken care of till your death.


Legally you can go for civil injunction, but all that is time consuming and will only sicken you more, keeping in mind long litigation periods and great judiciary system that we have, against your daughter ask for police protection, so that she wont create trouble to you or harm you, other things which you can do is give complaint against her in jurisdiction police station that she tried to kill you.  All this only will lead to endless litigation, anyway your wish, I have advised anyhow.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     07 May 2016

If the house belongs to you, better ask your daughter to move out of the house, it is better to live alone than with a person who although being your own blood is thirsty of your blood. You can keep domestic helper for looking after your needs for which your children (all of them including daughters) are supposed to provide you maintenance if you have no source of income for your daily requirement. You can always seek monthly maintenance from them under section 125 Cr.P.C as well under the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.

Your unmarried daughter is of mature age, let her take care of her as she so desire just avoid advising her as these children (all of them) hardly listen to what parents advice them as they consider the parents as the biggest enemy in the world, that is a tragedy nowadays everywhere in every family.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 May 2016

Changing family value system, economic compulsions of the children, neglect and abuse has caused elders to fall through the net of family care. Homes for the Aged are ideal for elderly people who are alone, face health problems, depression and loneliness.Better to join in old age homes as advised as above.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2016

Posted at:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query