LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jyothi Reddy   27 April 2016

Harassment and legal threatening by a bank

Hi Sir/Madam,

I taken a loan of Rs.50,000 from Fullerton India in 2010 and the same is paid and settled by 2015 Marc. They told its 48 months initially and extended it to 51 months and finally closed the loan with 54 months. For a loan of 50,000 I ended up paying 1,23,260.

In the year of 2011 and by July month as I was in some personal issues I couldnt check my bank and the ECS got bounced. However, with in a week time, the person fro Fullerton came to my home colelcted the amount along with a penalty of Rs.250/- to it. But for my surprise they re-produced the loan again in the same month by 27th.

From then they keep bouncing the ECS in my account which led to poor score in CIBIL and I am completely blocked for 2 years from CIBIL for not allwoing to apply for any loans further.

When spoke to Fullerton customer care, they said it may be happened due to technical issues and they cant do anythign with it. I still forgot it and kept paying their month on month ECS. Now after 1 year form clearign the loan, they sent me 2 demand notice's asking to settle 22,944/-. In meanwhile for the last 1 year they called my friends and abused, threatened and harrased them like anything saying your friend owes us money and as he is not returning we will put you in trouble both leaglly and illegally.

I am looking forward to file a case against fullerton for this ind of harrasment and so looking further and a person who can handle my case.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothi Reddy





 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2016

M/s Fullerton is not  a bank.

You may show all docs on record to an able counsel specializing in consumer/banking matters and understand the merits and remedies.


Your counsel may opine to approach DCDRF for relief.



adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 April 2016

Proceed against the said institution under deficiency in service  in Consumer court and file criminal complaint under breach of trust and criminal intimidation with jurisdiction police, failure to file FIR move concerned magistrate court and get order to file FIR and investigate. Then these people will fall in line.

Hello Madam, we r Advocates from HYDERABAD..if u need our legal assistance do mail me at.... regrds....BALACHANDER REDDY ADVOCATE

compliance   03 June 2016

Must concern with legal advisor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query