Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vital (individual)     05 February 2011

Harassment and cheating

Dear sir,

I am an Indian citizen,  I was married  a few years ago to an Indian citizen on student visa in New Jersy, US.  At the time of marriage he was on US student visa, I was on a visitor visa in the US.  Ours is an arranged   marriage,  was done as per Hindu tradition and  was registered  in New Jersey., and we have the marriage certificate.  We did not have it registered yet in India.

Not all is going well in our relationship - physical abuse,  verbal abuse,  violent, provocative behavior, dominating,  impersonal attitude and unpredictable behavior - despite my attempts to adjust.  

I  have a strong doubt that a previous marriage/ relationship is a cause of this behavior.   The whole family is involved in hiding the facts and misleading us.  How can  we  verify the marriage status of an individual in India ?

My question is: how abiding is the US marriage certificate in the indian context ? (currently  we stay in US,  as my husband works there, I am on a visit visa). 

If I decide to divorce,   how  can I claim the dowry given to them ?  And what are my rights in terms of alimony, their property etc.,

Since the whole family is involved (in India) what type of action can be taken against  my  husband and his family  for this blatant cheating and misleading.   Can u suggest a committed agency/ expert to help is in resolving these issues ?

thanks

edm2050

Learning

5 Replies

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     06 February 2011

Dear edm2050: First of all endorse/attest that marriage certificate from Indian Embassy or consular at USA, because that is a must for authentication of any document issued abroad for any Indian.Then that certificate becomes an valid instrument in India.Register that certificate with marriage registrar at your place in India and file a suit before family court.

And for harassment you can simply approach police at USA if you have interest to do so and they can deal it better than in India.

To ascertain his marriage status at India could you please hire some private detective at India? If you want to divorce your husband that can also be done at USA where it would be much easier than India and if you have decided to divorce him then harassment, cruelty, violence etc would be better weapon to administer him the same dose.

For instance this is not the only case.Many Indians male do that just as a routine matter and our females are so impressed with these vultures that they fall for them and ruin their lives.

vital (individual)     06 February 2011

Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions.  What can I do for  the family that has planned such a big plot ?   I will be thankful  if  anyone can suggest  a dependable detective agency in Andhra Pradesh?

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     06 February 2011

Hi, young lady, it seems u dont want to solve ur problem but would want to take revenge on ur husband and his family but before that u would be needing the weapon to do so and the weapon for that is the marriage certificate which would not be acceptable in India since it has not been endorced/attested by the Indian Embassy/Consular at USA.Police at India would never help you also, either u accept that reality or not, it is ur choice and since ur marriage would not be recognised at India,it would be an exercise in futile if you try to retrieve the STREE DHAN or DHANAM.Life is urs so the choice is also ultimately urs.Beware, if u thought of hiring services of some legal luminaries because u will be drained financialyy and emotinally at the end.And for Private Detectives in Andhra Pradesh, just type it in Google and u have plenty of them.Blessings of almighty always be with u.Regards.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 February 2011

Wealth is of no use. Our shadow never leaves our side. Yet it is of no use to us. How then can wealth, which can never be as much a part of our lives as our shadow be of use to us

vital (individual)     09 February 2011

I am very grateful to your candid advice.  That provides a lot of  clarity to my confused and hurt mind.  I am  going to do the first things first.  Thanks a lot!  God bless you.

Edm2050

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register