Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvanthi Kumar (NIL)     05 December 2022


Me and my wife left chennai for my wife's delivery to madurai giving the key to my mother. When we returned after six months my brother has illegally took the key and locked the house and demanding money saying that it is undivided share and he has legal rights... also harrowing my wife and kids...  can i file a legal suit? The house was built by me and in my possession.. still housing loan us paid by me... the loan is outstanding for a other 2 years... my father died without transferring tittle to me....


 6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 December 2022

Is there any document that the house is in your name?  Or you are thinking that as you invested some money and hence it is in your possession? If the house is in your name, then he cannot get anything in the house.

Yuvanthi Kumar (NIL)     05 December 2022

House is the name of my father who passed away 10 years back.. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 December 2022

SInce the house is in the name of father the legal heirs has right to share. What you can do is to file a suit for possesion and declaration . You have to prove that the house was in your possesion and that the property is built by your personal expensises. YOur mother is alive she can testify in your favour

Shashi Dhara   06 December 2022

File declaration , injunction and possession suit against him  your mother as witness and your loan transactions may help you .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2022

In such situation do not expect your mother (who gave keys to him) to depose in your favour.

Yuvanthi Kumar (NIL)     01 January 2023

I took possession of my house. Can I let out or need to get injunction order?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query